• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

finding a wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused_pilot

Yeah so how do you find a woman who can put up with moving every 2-3 years, and 6-10 month leave? Are we talking about a craps shoot here or what?

NavyLonghorn

Ever had a girlfriend? When a woman falls in love with you.. nine times out of ten she will follow you to the moon if she has to.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I feel the same way sometimes, Confused. I have a girlfriend, and we're just getting to the point where she's learning that it's going to be a tough road. I don't know if she'll stick with me or not. Believe me, that's a hard pill to swallow. But I have to make myself happy, and follow my dreams, before I can make anyone else happy. If you're a man of faith, just know that God grants the desires of your heart. I know that things will work out the best way in the end. It might just be hard to take the changes at first. My $.02

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
Confused- I have to agree with Longhorn- I fell for my SNA hook, line and sinker, long before he became an SNA- and I continue falling for him- even as we're in Primary now! It isn't easy- but there are so many women that are supportive of their husband's career. I've also known the men that are supportive of their wives' Naval career- so it works both ways!

I also have to agree with EA-6B1- if it is meant to be- it will all work out! No road in life is easy- what doesn't break you, makes you stronger. I believe you will never be given anything that will break you- it will only make you stronger! If you love and support each other- then you are set for life! If not- then I must say- it will be really hard. So, no worries- besides there are tons of women in the Spouse's Corner and Private Spouse's Corner that can attest to following their husbands' career and moving constantly! So, don't worry!

bouncy_125.gif
Heather

st1977

Totally in agreement with Heather. When I started dating Josh, he had already signed up for the Navy. I was really upset and for the longest time thought we would never work out once he'd leave. Somehow though, I stuck by his side. He left to OCS before we celebrated our first anniversary. We both thought we might not make it. Instead the distance made our relationship stronger. When he came back over Xmas break, we got engaged!

I get nervice about that too. Especually since I'm a girl and I have a hard time emagining a guy following me around. I would think it'd be easier for a guy to find a girl willing to follow him than it would be a girl finding a guy to do it for her. But, I will not give up the Navy for a guy so oh well.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Pfft... If you're gonna mail order I say go Latin, they're hotter. You also have a whole catalog of backups too. sk

I have to agree with Devilducksgirl...as long as you find someone that truly loves you it will work.
Be upfront and honest though. That will be your key to finding that special someone.
If you've already committed to the Navy...you come as a packaged deal, and anyone you date should already be aware of that.
Answer all questions she may have with honesty. Even if you don't know the answers; don't just make up something you think might win her over.
Make sure she understands the Navy comes with a lot of questions that are unanswerable, uncertainties, and risks.
From my experiences flexibility is THE biggest trait required of a Navy spouse/SO.
Keep in mind there is a ton of support for spouses/SO, but they have to be willing to reach out in order to receive it.
Good Luck to you! I am sure you'll find someone who is a perfect supporter of you and the Navy!
angel_125.gif

HrntDrvrsWife
cowboy_125.gif

confused_pilot

ha.. this has been well redundent.. but ill look into the latin and russian thing.. ha.. just kidding.. my only question now is.. isnt NASA not going to like her following me to the moon, I would like to go someday, and I just dont see a screaming woman tied to the outside of whatever shuttle they are using to be good press...thanks for the encouragement, and yes i have had a girlfriend, she decided we needed to break up since I was leaving school for 7 months... couldnt take the hour and a half plane ride.. guess she wasnt the one...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look man, don't sweat it. If you meet someone, great, but focus on graduating, getting commissioned, and getting that flight slot (fellow NROTC product here). I'll take heat from the Knive's Club for this, but as a single successful officer and Naval Aviator, there's more than enough "random" to keep you happy once you hit the real world.

And dont sweat the ex, when you're living it up she'll have herself a nice used car salesman or a manger at a TGIFriday's.

confused_pilot

oh yeah i know guys... im alrite.. though her daddy's $2+ mil in the bank will probably get her a really nice used car salesman. And I have about $20 in the bank if you were wondering. I got things working already in MD, since the girls love those sharp navy uniforms, but are repulsed by a good majority of the mids... I am not getting into that conversation right now, or ever... but its always been said that it takes a different breed of woman to put up with a sailor (oh **** like if it wasnt hard enough to understand them, now they come in breeds, like dogs, no pun intended honestly!) so im just trying to figure out what it is that makes them different so i know what im looking for... anyways thanks for the support I guess.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Look man, when I was in the Fleet I was in a serious relationship myself. What type of woman does it take? Its obvious stuff, and not all that romantic: She HAS to be very mature, fully aware of what she's getting herself into (The stories I could tell...don't be like my shipmates--be Honest!), has inner strength, a strong moral base (If you don't know what I mean--you'll find out), very much in love, and committed to making the relationship work.

I was fortunate I was with my girl for years before I joined the Navy as we had plenty of time to build our relationship. No woman will have every quality listed (and there are plenty more), but should come damn close. Don't worry so much about finding her, just enjoy your youth and she'll find you. And believe me, you'll know.

Fredster809

I have been married for 5 years now and did 2 westpacs, and tons of little cruises on a carrier. Sometimes I think going to sea saves our marriage. Don't get me wrong we certainly love each other, but love and living together don't always mix perfectly. I have been on shore duty for three years now, but when I first got shore duty it took a couple of months to get used to seeing each other every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.