• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select!!

schwarti

Contributor
Just heard from my recruiter - final select letter is waiting on a final signature, but he says it's pretty much a done deal. OCS date is 28 SEP 2008. Definitely makes for a fantastic Christmas present!

badger16

None
Make sure you get copies of your physical and waiver. Trust me, things get lost in the grand Navy officer process.

Thanks for the heads up abou making copies. I actually found that out the hard way a few months ago.

As for the PQ vs NPQ, I see what you are saying but I was just passing on the information that I was given by my recruiter. No intended venom in my statements above. I was just saying that as long as there is a check in the box, and it is not going to keep me from getting a possible final select,you can call it whatever you want.

Also, Congrats to all you guys getting your Final selects! Good Luck!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I got sworn in yesterday at the Seattle NRD. They said my orders will be FedEx'ed to me in the next couple days. Won't be long now.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I was told I would get them the wednsday before I leave. Seems like its cutting it close. Congrats!

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
I was told I would get them the wednsday before I leave. Seems like its cutting it close. Congrats!

Thanks. Yeah, that is cutting it close. There was also another girl there that signed papers with me and swore in. She's going to be in your Jan5 class. She's supply, she seemed pretty cool.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If it's any consolation, I kept getting promised my orders, but didn't receive them until I stopped at my NRD 4 hours into my trek across the country for OCS. Is that cutting it close enough?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Holy Crap! Gotta love the way the system works sometimes, right? right? I was sweating for awhile since I never had any hard documentation regarding my classing up until I got an official letter welcoming me and telling me to get in shape now. I have it on my fridge to remind me of whats coming.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
I just got my final select letter the other day. I am confident I will get my orders in the next couple days. The processor that has been working my case at NRD Seattle is a retired YNC, she's sh!t hot and has her ducks in a row.

badger16

None
I Just got the email from my recruiter.... Final Select SNFO!!!! Now all I have to do is sign some paperwork, do a pre-OCS PRT, and then swear in. All of which will happen when I get back to Wisconsin on the 30th! I'm seriously shaking right now...