• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select!!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Both my recruiter and I were under the impression that I was awaiting my ankle waiver, then they would look at me for final select. I found out the same day that my waiver was approved and I was final select. It was kind of a shock, with an earlier OCS date than expected. A good shock.

schwarti

Contributor
Hmmm, I'm a final select SNFO but I never got a letter from OCS or anything =P not yet atleast. And it doesn't seem like they interviewed any one of my friends and references for my background either. do you guys know why that is?

Same here. My recruiter says it's because the security check takes so long, they just get you in the database and run a basic check (i.e. have you killed anyone lately). Once they've got that done, they'll clear you for final selection, but you don't have a clearance yet.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
You will get getting a mentor at OCS. His First Name will be Gunny (or perhaps Staff Sergeant), but you can't call him that. You'll call him sir. He will REALLY know how to motivate you. :D

Thanks Bogey, I expected that response :D

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
your first background clearence is to see if you pop any red flags. If you need info, ask your recruiter for the DEP guide. I have tried NKO but haven't been able to get on. Oh well...

badger16

None
Just got word today that I got a PQ-W for the medical portion. The W is for my PRK waiver I guess. Now they go into the the Security stuff and draft my letter. My recruiter said I SHOULD know my OCS date by end of January but because of the Holidays its hard to say for sure. SO, I guess I just keep the fingers crossed until then. Hope everyone else is getting close too!

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Just got word today that I got a PQ-W for the medical portion. The W is for my PRK waiver I guess. Now they go into the the Security stuff and draft my letter. My recruiter said I SHOULD know my OCS date by end of January but because of the Holidays its hard to say for sure. SO, I guess I just keep the fingers crossed until then. Hope everyone else is getting close too!
Once you are NPQ'ed, you are NPQ for life. The waiver lets you in after the fact.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Well according to my recruiter/the boards I got PQ'd so that is all that really matters to me.
You may want to forget about citing your recruiter, especially come OCS...

By definition to be PQ you must have absolutely nothing wrong with you. You can get NPQ'ed and not get a waiver. You can get NPQ'ed, get a waiver and work with aviators who are PQ.

Make sure you get copies of your physical and waiver. Trust me, things get lost in the grand Navy officer process.

redbeard1682

Ditto to all of the above - PM me if you hear anything Badger. It seems our packages are moving at the same pace. :D