• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select!!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Thanks all. This site and its members have been an amazing experience and I know it has helped me both in information and overall support. I give you all high fives!

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Congratulations. If you really want to make a statement show up dressed like your Avatar.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congratulations. If you really want to make a statement show up dressed like your Avatar.

Look who's talking. You guys would both make a nice pair getting off the bus dressed like your avatars! Sure take the heat off others...for a little bit.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Look who's talking. You guys would both make a nice pair getting off the bus dressed like your avatars! Sure take the heat off others...for a little bit.

I like this suit, it compliments my extensive motivational skills, gosh.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Hey Skim, I forgot to say congratulations. Are you going to be flying to Newport, RI? Seems like a silly question but since people say that it's nice to have a car to leave your stuff in. Do you guys think its crazy to drive a Honda S2000 to newport, RI from LA, CA in the winter? Would it even be possible once I hit snow? sorry skim for the thread Jack.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Hey Skim, I forgot to say congratulations. Are you going to be flying to Newport, RI? Seems like a silly question but since people say that it's nice to have a car to leave your stuff in. Do you guys think its crazy to drive a Honda S2000 to newport, RI from LA, CA in the winter? Would it even be possible once I hit snow? sorry skim for the thread Jack.

I will be driving a Camaro Z28 to Newport R.I. from Seattle Wa. Make sure you have chains with you. But you'll be on the southern route anyway, which is pretty safe. I on the other hand could run into some trouble. There is no telling when I'll get final select though. Who knows, my OCS date may not be until spring anyway, well see.

P.S. the Pinto in my avatar is NOT my actual car.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I plan on driving my Nissan soon to have GPS. Shotcalla, we might be able to train out if you want depending on your date.

I dont think chains will be needed. Most cities take care of the snow when it begins to fall. I never needed them in Salt Lake City.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I plan on driving my Nissan soon to have GPS. Shotcalla, we might be able to train out if you want depending on your date.

I dont think chains will be needed. Most cities take care of the snow when it begins to fall. I never needed them in Salt Lake City.

That would be awesome but my date is still a ways off.

A warning about GPS. It doesn't discriminate from how safe a route is. EX: My parent used mine just to get to Atlanta and back. The GPS picked the shortest route which lead them to a scenic dirt road at night in 100% darkness for miles in an unknown backwoods area. Sure it got them home, but God help them if the car were to break down.

Moral: Bring a map for back up.