• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Tbeny

I'm from the same board as well.
My recruiter said the background check just had to be scheduled, not complete. Mine was apparently scheduled a few weeks ago and I have no new update.
You're saying that to be sent to OCS your background doesn't necessarily need to be completed, but just scheduled?

AttackCanary

You're saying that to be sent to OCS your background doesn't necessarily need to be completed, but just scheduled?
I was told that only the scheduling needed to happen in order for a SELECT letter to be generated and sent... which would contain your OCS date. No idea if the check has to be done before OCS actually happens or not. I think I read on here somewhere that it does NOT have to be complete for you to be able to start OCS.

AttackCanary

Don't have the official letter yet but my recruiter just told me I'm in the Aug 16th class as well.
Finally can start planning my summer lol.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Congratulations!!

What board are you from?

I was selected back in My of 2014. Applied as soon as I hit Senior Status. Imagine that wait; knowing you got Pro-Y before you start your senior year of college.
Don't have the official letter yet but my recruiter just told me I'm in the Aug 16th class as well.
Finally can start planning my summer lol.

I haven't gotten a letter yet either, but I'm super stoked that I too can plan out the last few months here in Florida.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Just a reminder to those getting verbals or FINSELs: don't forget to check out the OCS Class Dates board. It's a good opportunity to get to know some of your classmates prior to shipping.

And yes, I am plugging this for my new class date.

I am waiting as well, is your background check done though?

No I actually had to go back in today they "couldn't read" my fingerprints or something idk. They sent four fingerprints out of the office and they said only 1 was accepted. The one that was I saw he had a July 26 ocs date. They made me do 2 fingerprint cards to avoid exactly this ... I don't understand how it still happened lol.

hugeyetti

No I actually had to go back in today they "couldn't read" my fingerprints or something idk. They sent four fingerprints out of the office and they said only 1 was accepted. The one that was I saw he had a July 26 ocs date. They made me do 2 fingerprint cards to avoid exactly this ... I don't understand how it still happened lol.

dam well I hope that goes through lol. I haven't heard anything for my background check. I guess the system is super backed up or something like that? Thats why it is taking so long. Just what I have heard, so I dont know if it is true or not.