• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Tbeny

I'm planning on going away in August as well, we should be fine because of the heavy back log for SWOs right now. And a lot of them probably aren't even on this site. Based on previous posts and average timelines, we most likely won't be leaving until October at the earliest .

Congrats on graduating!

Tbeny

The sooner the better. The way my recruiter had been explaining stuff, I thought I would've had the FINSEL by now and would be nearing my OCS date. I am really hoping for July/August. Unfortunately, July probably won't happen.

If we get selected for August we should hear in June. So lets hope we hear soon. But you're right about July. I don't think July will happen

Bluecore

That is great! Congrats on the news! If I remember correctly...you were NOT waiting on grades, right? I think there are a few other selects from October that were waiting on grades. I wonder if they would get a spot before the people from February that were not waiting on grades?...hmm

I was not waiting on anything. My whole kit was done and accepted and I was only waiting on Big Navy.

Great news! Hopefully I get a date soon too. Hoping for July 26. (also from the OCT SWO board)

You have as good a chance as me because there is absolutely nothing special about my circumstances! Not age critical, etc.

Congrats!!!
That was a long wait. Do you know why it took them so long to schedule your class?

Quota got moved down, and from what I understand there is a backlog for spots at BDOC (SWO school). That's me giving them the benefit of the doubt. It is possible that my dysfunctional NRD played a role as well but I doubt it. I don't know that they actually affetced my wait, but every time I called, no one seemed to know what was going on. My original OR left a week after my kit was done, one of the other guys actually committed suicide, and the rest all left too shortly after, so the transition was chaotic. It'sl all good though. I'm in now!

exNavyOffRec

Quota got moved down, and from what I understand there is a backlog for spots at BDOC (SWO school). That's me giving them the benefit of the doubt. It is possible that my dysfunctional NRD played a role as well but I doubt it. I don't know that they actually affetced my wait, but every time I called, no one seemed to know what was going on. My original OR left a week after my kit was done, one of the other guys actually committed suicide, and the rest all left too shortly after, so the transition was chaotic. It'sl all good though. I'm in now!

I believe RUFIO said that his initial info of quota issues was found to be incorrect

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Anyone else watching this thread get placed into the 5 July class? I realize not everyone who goes to OCS is a regular on this site, but so far we've only counted about 7 people with FINSELs between the class thread and other sources. Are there just a lot of communities that have met quota for 2015 and are pushing selects into the next fiscal year? Should we expect a class full of NUPOCs and CECs vice SNAs and NFOs (assuming the former are less likely to find their way to airwarriors than the latter)?

exNavyOffRec

Anyone else watching this thread get placed into the 5 July class? I realize not everyone who goes to OCS is a regular on this site, but so far we've only counted about 7 people with FINSELs between the class thread and other sources. Are there just a lot of communities that have met quota for 2015 and are pushing selects into the next fiscal year? Should we expect a class full of NUPOCs and CECs vice SNAs and NFOs (assuming the former are less likely to find their way to airwarriors than the latter)?

When I asked my guys who knew about this site only 1 in 10 did, so the number you have found is about what I would expect.

However I would expect many nukes given that class is soon after graduation.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Had my recruiter not told me about this site, I would have never known. So it could be that there's a lot people all around that just aren't on here.
When I asked my guys who knew about this site only 1 in 10 did, so the number you have found is about what I would expect.

However I would expect many nukes given that class is soon after graduation.
Yeah I figured that's probably the case. I found this site from a Google search looking for ASTB study guides (I'm IDC). The proximity to graduation hadn't occurred to me but of course that makes sense. And since nukes have a totally different selection process, I wouldn't expect nearly as many of them to find their way here as I did.

...So, what's the gouge on going through in a class with lots of nukes? Good study skills and attention to detail all around?

Bluecore

I believe RUFIO said that his initial info of quota issues was found to be incorrect

Indeed, I saw him say he retracted something, but I wasn't sure exactly what it is (he says a lot of valuable stuff, lol). Even so, I am pretty sure the backorder for BDOC classes is still an issue, so maybe that is affecting it? Even if he retracted it, he was mostly correct about SWOs not going before July at the earliest, since a vast majority without special circumstances are just now getting classes.

exNavyOffRec

Indeed, I saw him say he retracted something, but I wasn't sure exactly what it is (he says a lot of valuable stuff, lol). Even so, I am pretty sure the backorder for BDOC classes is still an issue, so maybe that is affecting it? Even if he retracted it, he was mostly correct about SWOs not going before July at the earliest, since a vast majority without special circumstances are just now getting classes.

follow on class issues rarely affect OCS spots, they will commission then hole away, seen it done several times with Pilots/NFO's/various IDC