• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

torpedotor

RED ALERT: SWO-CANDIDATE RECEIVES FINSEL LETTER; CLASS DATE APRIL 12th.

Guys... I thought my recruiter might've been playing a cruel joke on me, but I got the call today that my FinSel has arrived and I'm leaving for OCS April 12th. He sent me an e-mail with a bunch of forms to fill out, and I'm swearing in next Wednesday--leaving for Newport in a month and a day. I guess it must be real. Crazy doesn't even begin to describe it. So ends a journey begun over 500 days ago.

A word of warning, though, my case could be different from some of yours since my SWO board was actually February '14 (if I recall correctly). (I waited to hear from Intel which declined me in mid-June '14.) So if you're from one of the June-October '14 boards, this may or may not have any bearing on your own case, though I hope that it is a sign of good things to come for those SWO souls languishing in eternal purgatory.

Nobody pinch me; I don't want to wake up.

Guys... I thought my recruiter might've been playing a cruel joke on me, but I got the call today that my FinSel has arrived and I'm leaving for OCS April 12th. He sent me an e-mail with a bunch of forms to fill out, and I'm swearing in next Wednesday--leaving for Newport in a month and a day. I guess it must be real. Crazy doesn't even begin to describe it. So ends a journey begun over 500 days ago.

A word of warning, though, my case could be different from some of yours since my SWO board was actually February '14 (if I recall correctly). (I waited to hear from Intel which declined me in mid-June '14.) So if you're from one of the June-October '14 boards, this may or may not have any bearing on your own case, though I hope that it is a sign of good things to come for those SWO souls languishing in eternal purgatory.

Take note, anyone from a recent board. We all want our final selects ASAP, but there are people like this guy who have been waiting quite a while longer than just a few months...

I was in one of the later SWO Boards; here's to hoping things are moving forward.

Subhunter116

SubHunter116
P

peanut butter & jealous right now

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Got my FS letter yesterday! Class date of 03 May! Does this mean I get to check out of purgatory already??? Not as painful as I thought it would be!

Checking in for Purgatory. Was picked up from the Feb supply board. What time frame should I expect before my FINSEL. I’m currently enlisted with a TOP SECRET clearance, and I believe all medical done.

Bluecore

May 3 is the second to last class date for the fiscal year, right? One more in late June, then that's it?

Every 6 weeks?