• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

hrtrice

Pro-Rec Y SWO
I had to do the same thing. My clearance expired at end of February so a few days after I got Pro-Rec Y I had to get re-printed to ensure I'd be good for commissioning purposes. Which I guess means I'll have to wait a bit longer (couple weeks) than others for a FS letter and date.
I'm not graduating until June anyway so it doesn't change anything for me, more just funny that they expired.

cmamzic

@Bluecore
Hey man cmamzic here, 27 year old no prior service from Dallas NRD. Not sure if I got the same "select letter" situation you did but I spoke with my OR and he claimed to have spoken with SWO admin (or some such) in Newport and that I was tentatively scheduled for late may-june ship date. No word other than that though, and he gave me the standard "don't call us, we'll call you" advice. The hurrying up and waiting continues.

Bluecore

@Bluecore
Hey man cmamzic here, 27 year old no prior service from Dallas NRD. Not sure if I got the same "select letter" situation you did but I spoke with my OR and he claimed to have spoken with SWO admin (or some such) in Newport and that I was tentatively scheduled for late may-june ship date. No word other than that though, and he gave me the standard "don't call us, we'll call you" advice. The hurrying up and waiting continues.

Cool man, thanks for the update. That sounds entirely possible I suppose, although I'll believe it when I see it. :p Good luck to all of us!

EDIT: If that does turn out to be true, you would be hearing back from them at the end of this month (approx. two months ahead of time).

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Cool man, thanks for the update. That sounds entirely possible I suppose, although I'll believe it when I see it. :p Good luck to all of us!

EDIT: If that does turn out to be true, you would be hearing back from them at the end of this month (approx. two months ahead of time).

Newport doesn't schedule ship dates, NRC does upon the needs of the fleet.

exNavyOffRec

Got it. So anything that guy heard from his OR along the lines of what he said, has no foundation in how things actually work? Disregard?

not necessarily, it could be he misunderstood who was talked to, if you replace SWO PM with Newport it could make sense

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Praying for my FS this week! On average, how long do these background checks usually take? That's all were waiting on, right?

Callie3

how long do these background checks usually take? That's all were waiting on, right

It may be different in your case, but I got my FinSel before my clearance. I got my letter a couple weeks ago and my investigation is still going on.

Jetnerd1123

It may be different in your case, but I got my FinSel before my clearance. I got my letter a couple weeks ago and my investigation is still going on.
In your case, how long after your PROREC-Y did you receive your FINSEL? I'm going through NORS Indianapolis, and some SNAs here got theirs one week after.

Not in purgatory yet (fingers crossed for the May board), but can anyone here give me an idea of what the process is like both after getting pro-rec'd and after receiving a FINSEL? In particular, what events/tasks (both before and after FINSEL) require you to go to your recruiter's officer in person? Reason I ask is that I want to do some traveling for a few months this summer, while I still have a chance to do so. I just don't want a situation where my recruiter needs me to come in for whatever reason and I'm on the other side of the world.