• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

alafaill

@Bluecore I just got off the phone with my guy at NRD SA. He said that the selection letter he had received for me back in January changed nothing and that I'm still waiting for the Fin Sel. Don't know if you've already gotten information or not on your mystery letter, but I thought I'd share since you are in the same boat with the same depot

Bluecore

@Bluecore I just got off the phone with my guy at NRD SA. He said that the selection letter he had received for me back in January changed nothing and that I'm still waiting for the Fin Sel. Don't know if you've already gotten information or not on your mystery letter, but I thought I'd share since you are in the same boat with the same depot

Thank you, my friend. I was much more concerned with the fact that they seemed to have forgot about us in the transition of leadership at the RD, than whether or not I was out of the July+ SWO purgatory. Anyways, back to the "waiting" board ;)

KnightFlight

My OR tells me that the reason some folks are classing up from February SNA/SNFO board so quickly is because minority spots need to be filled at OCS at this point in the year. In my case I am Hispanic.
Not sure the truth to this explanation but it makes sense to me, and as proof I swore in yesterday.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My OR tells me that the reason some folks are classing up from February SNA/SNFO board so quickly is because minority spots need to be filled at OCS at this point in the year. In my case I am Hispanic.
Not sure the truth to this explanation but it makes sense to me, and as proof I swore in yesterday.

Couldn't be further from the truth.

TriggerFish

It doesn't seem like you'll be here long. A few other SNA Pro Y's have received their FINSEL already.

Hope so, had to ditch dual citizenship and my OR said they're doing a background check with my updated NASIS. Hope I have time to get my affairs in order from when I get Finsel and Reporting date.

Bluecore

White male SWOs everywhere just died a little inside.

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
@RUFiO181
Sir, is there to truth to the statement that one cannot receive a FINSEL until they have a diploma in hand? In other words, I don't graduate until June. Should I not expect anything until then?

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
Have to go redo my fingerprints before I can receive that FINSEL. Apparently fingerprints, those things that stay constant your whole life, can expire. Go figure.

I had to do the same thing. My clearance expired at end of February so a few days after I got Pro-Rec Y I had to get re-printed to ensure I'd be good for commissioning purposes. Which I guess means I'll have to wait a bit longer (couple weeks) than others for a FS letter and date.