• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Subhunter116

SubHunter116
How often do people not receive a FINSEL? I got the Pro Rec Y today. I am active duty and had to complete the commissioning physical prior to submission. Shortly after kit submission I received the physically qualified for OCS letter from the processors. Do I have anything to stress over about the FINSEL besides the wait?

Subhunter116

SubHunter116
How often do people not receive a FINSEL? I got the Pro Rec Y today. I am active duty and had to complete the commissioning physical prior to submission. Shortly after kit submission I received the physically qualified for OCS letter from the processors. Do I have anything to stress over about the FINSEL besides the wait?

jmeff

No. The biggest things are your physical and your security clearance. As long as you weren't hiding anything and you don't do anything stupid then you should be fine. I had this same question once upon a time.

KMC1020

Checking in! PRO REC Y- SWO.
So what's next? What are the steps between the PRO REC Y and the FINSEL? I already went to MEPS. Is there another physical we have to go through?

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
Checking in! PRO REC Y- SWO.
So what's next? What are the steps between the PRO REC Y and the FINSEL? I already went to MEPS. Is there another physical we have to go through?
From my understanding,

FINSEL is just a matter of waiting so long as your background check/security clearance has been done and you don't have any physical problems. Its all on needs of the Navy. Some people get selected and wait months while some get their FINSEL weeks later. All based on the numbers the Navy needs and who they want to fill the OCS slots and when (assuming the security clearance/physical was good).

KMC1020

From my understanding,

FINSEL is just a matter of waiting so long as your background check/security clearance has been done and you don't have any physical problems. Its all on needs of the Navy. Some people get selected and wait months while some get their FINSEL weeks later. All based on the numbers the Navy needs and who they want to fill the OCS slots and when (assuming the security clearance/physical was good).

Good to know. Since I already had a physical done, do I have to do another one?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If I'm already physically qualified and already have a security clearance, how fast do you think the final select letter will come? Do they have to do anything special for it?

Depends on various circumstances such as program, age (is he/she age critical), as well as OCS class date. Right now, FINSEL letters are being issued for the 12 April 2015 OCS class. In a week or so the next OCS class will get theirs.

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Depends on various circumstances such as program, age (is he/she age critical), as well as OCS class date. Right now, FINSEL letters are being issued for the 12 April 2015 OCS class. In a week or so the next OCS class will get theirs.
Ok. I'm in a sort of a predicament right now. My brigade is disbanding and I need to be out of Fort Riley no later than the end of July because of it. I emailed my processor with the situation. Is it going to be possible to do that?