• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

alafaill

Aight guys. I just got off the phone with my OR and I got a question about a weird situation. So, I was PRO REC-Y SWO in one of the JUNE/JULY/AUG boards (none of my recruiters have told me which) and have been stuck here since like the rest of you guys. Here's the weird thing though. My new OR (he's number 5) noticed that a select letter was received by his station on 09 JAN 2015 but the system wouldn't let him open it. I received no notice that such a letter had come in. This is the first I've heard of it. He's gonna do some research on his own, but I figured I'd ask here too and hope that you guys might have some info on this for me--if you've had the same experience, or if you OR's on here have an idea of what this might be.

Thanks guys.

otejay

Aight guys. I just got off the phone with my OR and I got a question about a weird situation. So, I was PRO REC-Y SWO in one of the JUNE/JULY/AUG boards (none of my recruiters have told me which) and have been stuck here since like the rest of you guys. Here's the weird thing though. My new OR (he's number 5) noticed that a select letter was received by his station on 09 JAN 2015 but the system wouldn't let him open it. I received no notice that such a letter had come in. This is the first I've heard of it. He's gonna do some research on his own, but I figured I'd ask here too and hope that you guys might have some info on this for me--if you've had the same experience, or if you OR's on here have an idea of what this might be.

Thanks guys.

Hmm. Interesting.

Maybe you've been selected for a top secret SWO detachment.

Bluecore

Quick question, perhaps for @RUFiO181 or @NavyOffRec if you guys could: just talked to my NRD in San Antonio (it had been a while, they gave me a don't call us we'll call you in late November, early December), and they told me my status in the system is that I've currently been given a "select letter" but not a "final select" letter. That's basically the status of someone in purgatory right? As a 27 year old non-prior that was selected for SWO on October 6th, I'm still in the "July or later" lump of guys?

Apparently it was a mistake to take the advice to await a phone call from whoever I talked to, because it sounds as if the previous group of recruiters left that office in a state of disorganization.

Thank you.

Last edited:

alafaill

Quick question, perhaps for @RUFiO181 or @NavyOffRec if you guys could: just talked to my NRD in San Antonio (it had been a while, they gave me a don't call us we'll call you in late November, early December), and they told me my status in the system is that I've currently been given a "select letter" but not a "final select" letter. That's basically the status of someone in purgatory right? As a 27 year old non-prior that was selected for SWO on October 6th, I'm still in the "July or later" lump of guys?

Apparently it was a mistake to take the advice to await a phone call from whoever I talked to, because it sounds as if the previous group of recruiters left that office in a state of disorganization.

Thank you.

Posted a question about this a little bit earlier today after talking to NRD SA. Did they tell you when the select letter came in? Cause my board was sometime during the summer and the letter came in on 09 JAN 2015.

Bluecore

Posted a question about this a little bit earlier today after talking to NRD SA. Did they tell you when the select letter came in? Cause my board was sometime during the summer and the letter came in on 09 JAN 2015.

Hah! You must be the other guy "who is in the same boat as you are"! I could definitely hear the "oh God, ANOTHER ONE?" in their voices. Now I recall that you and I had a back and forth last week about both of us going through NRD SA.

No, they did not give me a date as to when that was posted. They said they would touch bases with Morales on Sam Houston (for me, he was the guy who administered the ASTB) and get back to me.

EDIT: you would have been selected from the July board, I am 99% sure. I haven't seen anyone mention an August or June board. I believe the one I got selected at (Oct. 6) was the one immediately after yours. EDIT again: wait, it was either June or July. There was only one SWO board during the 3 month time frame you're speaking about.

Last edited:

alafaill

Hah! You must be the other guy "who is in the same boat as you are"! I could definitely hear the "oh God, ANOTHER ONE?" in their voices. Now I recall that you and I had a back and forth last week about both of us going through NRD SA.

No, they did not give me a date as to when that was posted. They said they would touch bases with Morales on Sam Houston (for me, he was the guy who administered the ASTB) and get back to me.

Yup. I think Morales got me too. Man, I had a hell of a time doing my OAR with him. The day I went in to do it, the system was down and so I sat there for like 4 hours waiting for the system to come back on when he told me to come back in 2 days.

Also, I just got off the phone with my guy by the way. He said that so far, he's called the heads a couple of times, but hasn't had any luck with them picking up the phone. I'm gonna give him another call on Wednesday and see if there's anything else.

AMDO87

Question for my fellow active duty people in here. Did you all receive your PQ letter shortly after submitting your package or did you receive it after you were pro rec'd? Thanks.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Question for my fellow active duty people in here. Did you all receive your PQ letter shortly after submitting your package or did you receive it after you were pro rec'd? Thanks.
After PRO-REC, and, depending on the screening, it may be a PQ, or it could be a TNPQ with a request for additional exams and paperwork. If this is the case, try to get the doctor to put "fully fit for commission" somewhere on the exam paperwork, assuming there aren't any serious concerns about your physical abilities.
Keep in mind that, should you receive a TNPQ letter, you must keep in contact with the OCS processors about your progress towards acquiring the additional paperwork. If you don't, you could receive an inactivity letter effectively negating your PRO-REC.

Sheney

Just found out I have to wait until I graduate in May before I get my FINSEL. Then I have to send proof of graduation and my final GPA to the board.

Chris Lyons

Has any AD from the February SNA board received their FINSEL yet? I am guessing, when possible, AD will receive their FINSEL as close to their PRD as circumstances allow in order to avoid a gapped billet.