• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I did a PFT when I went to MEPS before I was accepted, but I still had to do another PFT right after my pro-rec.. before FS. I believe I only had to do this because it had been 6 months since my last PFT (non-select first try).

Either way you are saving time, doing PFT before.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
I did a PFT when I went to MEPS before I was accepted, but I still had to do another PFT right after my pro-rec.. before FS. I believe I only had to do this because it had been 6 months since my last PFT (non-select first try).

Either way you are saving time, doing PFT before.

Still resolving the aviation issue but recertified my PRT for SWO. My packet has been at the CNRC for 2-3 weeks now. Hopefully I hear something soon and can at least lock in a date for OCS.

More of the same old hurry the hell up and slow the fuck down to wait.

Word.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
What if you don't pass the PFT? Is your pro rec rejected? Or do you retry until you pass?

tuke09

I noticed a couple names on a white board labeled PRT in my recruiters officer had "failed" next to them, and it had me wondering the same question. So I asked what happens if you fail, my recruiter said "you try again." Although I don't know if there is a limit to the amount of times you can retry.

I was given a second try and passed. I didn't ask how many times I can re-take, but that is something I don't plan on finding out about.

Santi87

So I was hoping to have to avoid this forum, but I think I am officially stuck in this purgatory -- pro rec'ed SNA in April boards, been struggling to get medically cleared. I was previously through MEPS but there were issues with paperwork and medical records on a previous USMC app, so now trying to get everything re-reviewed and passed through for the Navy's branch. They're still probably going to want to giev me a pulmonary exam as I had childhood asthmatic symptoms which I have since grown out of...currently have no medical insurance plan so I need to wait for the military to set something up, which they are supposedly working on. Hoping for the best, trying to stay motivated...ialready got an extension on the pro rec, but it would suck to lose the slot overall because I got medically rejected.

Then again that pilot on Speed & Angels got shot in the face and they let him fly, so maybe it really is true that if you are persistent you can make it happen. Staying motivated...

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Then again that pilot on Speed & Angels got shot in the face and they let him fly, so maybe it really is true that if you are persistent you can make it happen. Staying motivated...

Yeah, how about it. Just keep on keepin' on man...I was pro rec'd SNA in March and completed my physical and PRT soon after, but I'm waiting because I had PRK around that time, so I'm basically in purgatory with you there. Granted my medical issue is something that is a bit more common for SNAs, but I know how you feel with the waiting. Youtube continues to help me stay motivated :)

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Posted this on the march board thread and then saw this thread and figured it was better-suited:

Any of you guys that were Pro-Rec'd on March boards get your final select yet? So far all I've gotten is an "unofficial" OCS date for Oct. 3rd, but my OR said he hasn't received my final select letter. I did have to have an interview for my security clearance because of a $341 speeding ticket (adjudication withheld). I did mention it in my application, but apparently not in the right spot? Who knows. That interview was a few weeks ago and still no other word. This normal? Just starting to get nervous that something may have gone wrong. This is probably an unjustified worry as I have a spotless record (other than speeding tickets x2) and my flight physical was good.

Mbones

I was Pro-Rec'd NFO in the January boards and just received my final select and an OCS date of September 12. So the 6 month wait I was warned about was pretty accurate.

jtmedli

pilot
I was Pro-Rec'd NFO in the January boards and just received my final select and an OCS date of September 12. So the 6 month wait I was warned about was pretty accurate.

Yep....I was in picked up in March and I'm looking at October 24th so 6 months is doing pretty good right now!!

beaverslayer

pilot
Eh, I was pro-rec'd in June of '09, and I'm still waiting on that FS letter. I did just swear in last month though, so I assume that's what the holdup was about.