• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

brogdawg32

Maybe "help desk" was the wrong word. There's an email address that you can email questions about OCS applications and the process. They usually respond very quickly and give you basic information. I believe several of the OCS processors also respond to the emails as well.
Can they check my CIRIMS for class date and FINSEL?

What sorcery is this?

exNavyOffRec

Can they check my CIRIMS for class date and FINSEL?

What sorcery is this?

These are questions you should be asking your OR and processor, not sure if they still do this but if a non AD person called the help desk that NRD was notified that their candidate called the help desk, basically it made the NRD not look so good.

brogdawg32

These are questions you should be asking your OR and processor, not sure if they still do this but if a non AD person called the help desk that NRD was notified that their candidate called the help desk, basically it made the NRD not look so good.
Oh well no need to do this then. I was just confused what in the world this help desk was and if it was there specifically for these kind of requests.

My OR and processor have been on top of everything, no need to go over their head

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
Just found out my class date is 21 SEP. I was selected on the May pilot/NFO board. Currently active duty. Apparently my finsel has been with my command since 23 may. Gotta love the communication throughout a command. Something you guys can all look forward to!

I'm AD as well, and have been concerned with the idea of my command not communicating a class date. How did you finally find out?

binoly

I'm AD as well, and have been concerned with the idea of my command not communicating a class date. How did you finally find out?

Any info / experiences that you guys have on what to do/expect after the application is submitted for AD would be great! I just submitted my package yesterday. I'm still hoping that there will be a board this month.

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
@ binoly

No news is essentially good news until the board. I was emailed about 24 hours after I submitted my package and notified that I was missing part 2 and 3 of my SMART Transcript. I simply emailed them the missing documents, and reception on their end was quickly confirmed. After that I waited a few weeks and then called over to check on my package's status. Once I was told it was at the PM and ready for the next board I decided that there was nothing left to do but just wait the board to convene.

You can call over, give them your name, and ask where you are.

binoly

@ binoly

No news is essentially good news until the board. I was emailed about 24 hours after I submitted my package and notified that I was missing part 2 and 3 of my SMART Transcript. I simply emailed them the missing documents, and reception on their end was quickly confirmed. After that I waited a few weeks and then called over to check on my package's status. Once I was told it was at the PM and ready for the next board I decided that there was nothing left to do but just wait the board to convene.

You can call over, give them your name, and ask where you are.

Thanks, my only real concern is that I want to ensure that my package was received and "processed/accepted" and will be ready for the board that is supposed to be happening this week. My CO told me that he submitted it on Thursday afternoon and that he asked for an acknowledgement but never got one.

brogdawg32

So for anyone who missed it in NOPOs blog....looks like at least 4 weeks for May select FINSELs! Hurry up and wait :)

brogdawg32

Why 4 weeks he said they are starting to fill in the next 2-3 weeks so I would guess that as they fill they send the letters out?
He said majority of May selects will be put in the Oct and Nov class. Said they will fill and issue FINSELs for the sept class in the next 2-3 weeks.

Means oct and nov classes will fill/issue FINSELs after 3 weeks....which means May selects have about a 3+ week wait

Josh3714

Just found out my class date is 21 SEP. I was selected on the May pilot/NFO board. Currently active duty. Apparently my finsel has been with my command since 23 may. Gotta love the communication throughout a command. Something you guys can all look forward to!
How did you find out this info? I am AD and waiting for mine too.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
He said majority of May selects will be put in the Oct and Nov class. Said they will fill and issue FINSELs for the sept class in the next 2-3 weeks.

Means oct and nov classes will fill/issue FINSELs after 3 weeks....which means May selects have about a 3+ week wait

Gotcha, the way he worded it led me to interpret it incorrectly. Thanks for the clarification man