• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

FutureSuppo

I have around 11 month before I graduate. Anyone know if I should get a final select around the same time the average dude gets one or after graduation when I turn in my last bit of transcripts?
I submitted my package my junior year and was Pro-rec 9 months before my graduation. I received my final select May 2, 2014 and I graduated May 10, 2014. I've yet to turn in my final transcripts. I actually have one more class to finish, for which I got an extension so I could get a better grade. So, in my case it was relatively close to my graduation but not after.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Huh, interesting. When I talked to an OR they basically told me to get lost until the summer before my senior year. Maybe I'll take the ASTB this summer and try to move the timeline up a bit.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before Naval Aviators were TOPGUN, they were An Officer and A Gentlemen.
Before Naval Aviators were TOPGUN, they were An Officer and A Gentlemen.
I went through NAVCAD Preflight some 26 years prior to this movie release in 1982. I found it to be a realistic portrayal of the API of that period. Of special note that hit home, were the "NA husband hunters", like the one in the flick, who dumped her Cadet instantly when he DORd. They used to deliver young ladies by the busload to the Cadet Club on weekends, from Women's Colleges in FL, AL, & MS. I would guess that they still exist in P'Cola to this day?;)

I got hooked up with a local lovely in P'Cola whose Daddy owned a very popular Bar/Seafood Restaurant outside the gate on Navy Blvd. She had the use of Daddy's Caddy, and that was nice. Luckily, I was able to gently 'unhook', when I headed to advanced in Beeville, TX, or my life would be very different today!:eek:

The only flaw I saw in the movie, was that it was portrayed to take place in the state of WA. To my knowledge, Navy Preflight has always been at Pensacola since WWII.:confused:
BzB

exNavyOffRec

I went through NAVCAD Preflight some 26 years prior to this movie release in 1982. I found it to be a realistic portrayal of the API of that period. Of special note that hit home, were the "NA husband hunters", like the one in the flick, who dumped her Cadet instantly when he DORd. They used to deliver young ladies by the busload to the Cadet Club on weekends, from Women's Colleges in FL, AL, & MS. I would guess that they still exist in P'Cola to this day?;)

I got hooked up with a local lovely in P'Cola whose Daddy owned a very popular Bar/Seafood Restaurant outside the gate on Navy Blvd. She had the use of Daddy's Caddy, and that was nice. Luckily, I was able to gently 'unhook', when I headed to advanced in Beeville, TX, or my life would be very different today!:eek:

The only flaw I saw in the movie, was that it was portrayed to take place in the state of WA. To my knowledge, Navy Preflight has always been at Pensacola since WWII.:confused:
BzB

There are "husband hunters" for everyone, it was not uncommon for those to go through nuclear prototype in Idaho Falls to show up at the first command with a wife or fiance only to in a short time have an ex-wife.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot

BzB
The best thing about that movie was that it was in WA lol! Alright back to Aero I and Wx now.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
It's looking currently like IDC (IW, IP, Intel, METOC) selects from the Dec 2013 and Feb 2014 are currently getting assigned to OCS classes 0115 through 0415 (July-September), which would be about 8 months from selection to shipping. Of course, not all of us (including me) have heard anything yet, so we may end up waiting even longer.

*Edit: English is hard, that's why I did math.

Well then applying a full year prior to graduation was the way to go. I bet I'll head to OCS within a few months after graduation.

T-Machine

I was recently accepted for SNA this past board. I have been paranoid about my vision since applying, and next week I am going get checked for dry eye syndrome. I believe that is the cause of the off and on blurry ness in my right eye, even though I passed as 20/20 at MEPS. Would getting diagnosed or a prescription DQ me or hurt me in any way?

I would really appreciate some opinions on the matter. Thanks, Travis

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was recently accepted for SNA this past board. I have been paranoid about my vision since applying, and next week I am going get checked for dry eye syndrome. I believe that is the cause of the off and on blurry ness in my right eye, even though I passed as 20/20 at MEPS. Would getting diagnosed or a prescription DQ me or hurt me in any way?

I would really appreciate some opinions on the matter. Thanks, Travis
Your question belongs on the Docs Corner Forum, Ask the Flight Surgeon thread for medical issues.;)
BzB