• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Question, isn't it usually a 2-3 month wait for the FINSEL? Any input on the time frame you guys had to wait would be appreciated.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Since I already have a secret security clearance does that mean I should go through the process faster to get the FINSEL than say a civilian who needs a thorough background check?
No. Esp because you are young and aren't going to age out anytime soon. You could be the least of their concerns.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Since I already have a secret security clearance does that mean I should go through the process faster to get the FINSEL than say a civilian who needs a thorough background check?
No. I had one and it just means the BC is a less of a pain in the ass. I'm still waiting for my FINSEL to be signed.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
So what else besides the BC holds up a FINSEL being issued?
People that were Pro Y before you and awaiting OCS. Also they always hold a few spots for people close to aging out. You just got selected you'll have a wait before a FS. Personally I waited 3 months to go to OCS. It also just depends on how many openings they have in future classes.

People that were Pro Y before you and awaiting OCS. Also they always hold a few spots for people close to aging out. You just got selected you'll have a wait before a FS. Personally I waited 3 months to go to OCS. It also just depends on how many openings they have in future classes.

I see. My recruiter said one of his guys is leaving August 15th. He acts like I will leave in August too. Doesn't make sense though if most of you have waited 3+ months.

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
Pilot select and I from December board just received FSs for 20JUL class just over a week ago, so class up date will be just over 7 months from pro rec to OCS. While part of that was due to the fiscal year transfer for that board, there are a couple boards worth of pro recs sitting in line in front of you for OCS dates, and as long as age isn't a problem NOPO stated it is a first in the que, first out of the que for the most part.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
It's looking currently like IDC (IW, IP, Intel, METOC) selects from the Dec 2013 and Feb 2014 are currently getting assigned to OCS classes 0115 through 0415 (July-September), which would be about 8 months from selection to shipping. Of course, not all of us (including me) have heard anything yet, so we may end up waiting even longer.

*Edit: English is hard, that's why I did math.

Buffy

Question, isn't it usually a 2-3 month wait for the FINSEL? Any input on the time frame you guys had to wait would be appreciated.
My CO called me February 28th to tell me I was PRO REC for NFO..... I've been patiently waiting for FINSEL since.