• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
I have around 11 month before I graduate. Anyone know if I should get a final select around the same time the average dude gets one or after graduation when I turn in my last bit of transcripts?

AndreasW

I have around 11 month before I graduate. Anyone know if I should get a final select around the same time the average dude gets one or after graduation when I turn in my last bit of transcripts?

I don't think you can get an FS letter until everything is good to go in your packet. Having your final grades and gpa posted to your packet will make it complete. FS should come after you graduate. Good luck

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Also don't let your grades slip. That can affect you not getting a FS. Nothing is official until your sworn in and have OCS orders.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
I don't think you can get an FS letter until everything is good to go in your packet. Having your final grades and gpa posted to your packet will make it complete. FS should come after you graduate. Good luck
Makes sense, so basically I'm on probation for a year lol. Oh well thankful for the Pro Y! Since selection (24 hours ago) I've been ten times as motivated to do well in school. :D

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor

Just curious, you got picked up during a board your junior year? Any special circumstances or is that something you can normally do?

UW14

I hope that's not really the case since I graduate in June but it makes sense. When I received my pro rec-y my OR said that all we were waiting on was my security clearance and for the powers that be to place me in an OCS class. Either I'm excited for when things start moving again. If I'm lucky I'll get into the AUG10 class. Wake up Wednesday would be on my birthday and I'd probably receive several RPT gifts from the DI :eek:.

Last edited:

Mr Spenz

pilot
There is no wake up Wednesday anymore. That changed shortly after my class. You meet them on Friday. Its Wake-Up/Outpost in one event.

Mr Spenz

pilot
Read something about CandiO still weren't ready for something so it gives them more time to prepare.
What? Where the hell did you read that? That is bad gouge lol. Candio's do nothing with Wake Up Wednesday. It used to be when you met your class team (DI, RDC's). They did it so that the first week is more focused on medical (SNA's flight physical and possible multiple physicals). But they added like 10 extra hours of Drill. Besides Candio's do nothing than yell and teach you the basics for OCS to prepare you for your class team. They can't RPT you.

AndreasW

I hope that's not really the case since I graduate in June but it makes sense. When I received my pro rec-y my OR said that all we were waiting on was my security clearance and for the powers that be to place me in an OCS class. Either I'm excited for when things start moving again. If I'm lucky I'll get into the AUG10 class. Wake up Wednesday would be on my birthday and I'd probably receive several RPT gifts from the DI :eek:.

My understanding in that situation is that they don't want to give you a slot for an OCS class before you are actually eligible to attend. That means having your degree. I could be wrong, but that is how my OR stated it when I was applying while still in school. I think a good amount of people from the February board have gotten unofficial dates. I would contact your OR to see if he/she as gotten an unofficial date for you. Not to say you won't get an August class date, but you might not find out until after you graduate. Hope it all works out. Good luck to you.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
What? Where the hell did you read that? That is bad gouge lol. Candio's do nothing with Wake Up Wednesday. It used to be when you met your class team (DI, RDC's). They did it so that the first week is more focused on medical (SNA's flight physical and possible multiple physicals). But they added like 10 extra hours of Drill. Besides Candio's do nothing than yell and teach you the basics for OCS to prepare you for your class team. They can't RPT you.

I think it was somewhere in Stupid questions about OCS thread.

Last edited:

UW14

My understanding in that situation is that they don't want to give you a slot for an OCS class before you are actually eligible to attend. That means having your degree. I could be wrong, but that is how my OR stated it when I was applying while still in school. I think a good amount of people from the February board have gotten unofficial dates. I would contact your OR to see if he/she as gotten an unofficial date for you. Not to say you won't get an August class date, but you might not find out until after you graduate. Hope it all works out. Good luck to you.
Yeah I agree with not writing a FS until someone has graduated. Otherwise a bunch of people would more or less quit trying their last quarter/semester. I emailed my OR a couple of weeks ago about FS/class date status and he said he had not heard anything yet. I'll probably contact him again in a couple weeks just to check in. I'd be surprised if I went in August, just though it'd be funny if my birthday fell on wake up Wednesday (which doesn't exist anymore). Thanks, and good luck to you too.