• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

cb812

SNA
To all past Pro-Rec's:

Did any of you guy's have to take time off from work to complete any of the post Pro-Rec process (swearing in, background investigation, etc)?

I am trying to plan for the future, well the future I hope that I will have if Pro-Rec'ed, and was wondering if it would be smart to save a couple of vacation days for these things...

Surf

pilot
To all past Pro-Rec's:

Did any of you guy's have to take time off from work to complete any of the post Pro-Rec process (swearing in, background investigation, etc)?

I am trying to plan for the future, well the future I hope that I will have if Pro-Rec'ed, and was wondering if it would be smart to save a couple of vacation days for these things...
I know many of us are in the same boat in that we haven't sworn in yet. I've been informed that I will swear in after my FINSEL is received, so I will be taking the day off whenever that is. As far as the BI, you don't need to do anything because it's handled outside of your control unless someone specifically contacts you for a meeting. We are hoping the FINSEL's get distributed around the same time the next board convenes. I'm ready to get this thing started!

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I think swearing in is all we have to do, unless the Feds wants to interview you. My OR wants me to have a pre-OCS PRT, but not sure if everyone else has to do this.

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
To all past Pro-Rec's:

I ended up sitting down with an investigator for about 3 hours one afternoon to basically go over everything in my NASIS, so YMMV. I'm done with work super early so it wasn't a problem but you may have to depending on the flexibility of your investigator if you have to do this at all.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I have to do nothing after my pro rec. As you can see everyone is different. I assume I'll take the day for swearing in though. Make a celebration of me leaving the civilian world behind me...

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I have to do nothing after my pro rec. As you can see everyone is different. I assume I'll take the day for swearing in though. Make a celebration of me leaving the civilian world behind me...
One difference for me is that I've had to do some stuff recently (past couple of weeks) related to my prospective security clearance. However, now I believe I'm just waiting for the FINSEL letter.

AmericanJoe

Am I the only pilot select from last board that hasn't been contacted for a meeting for security clearance? Not worried about it, just curious. Would love to leave asap, so is this required for everyone before you get to ship out for OCS?

EDIT: already done the fingerprints, etc... just haven't had an in person interview yet

dstc

Am I the only pilot select from last board that hasn't been contacted for a meeting for security clearance? Not worried about it, just curious. Would love to leave asap, so is this required for everyone before you get to ship out for OCS?

EDIT: already done the fingerprints, etc... just haven't had an in person interview yet
No you are not alone, I still have not been contacted. According to my OR, they are working through as time allows.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot

Not everyone has one. Don't worry you aren't alone. Call your OR or processor to see if you've been cleared in JPAS/NASIS

Surf

pilot

No, my Secret Clearance has already been adjudicated and I never had an interview with anyone.

A$AP

None

February board? If so, I haven't done anything since getting Pro-Y other than write a statement choosing NFO (had listed it as option #2 on my initial application) over SNA as requested by my OR. After that, he told me that we were just waiting on the Fin Sel letter. I think it's a case-by-case scenario on the meetings.