• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

bluehens15

When do you guys think we should be receiving our dates? I would like to go away in August, but I'm afraid I might receive my Final Select Letter with the OCS date in August.

I'm planning on going away in August as well, we should be fine because of the heavy back log for SWOs right now. And a lot of them probably aren't even on this site. Based on previous posts and average timelines, we most likely won't be leaving until October at the earliest .

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Random question, wondering if anyone has any info. Does anyone know when military benefits, specifically health/dental, kick in? I want to make sure I'm covered from the time I leave my current position to the time I'm covered by military insurance and I wasn't sure when that would be. I don't mind getting some supplementary insurance if necessary but I also don't want to be driving up to Newport, get in an accident or something, and then have some crazy medical bill debt from being uninsured.
Your insurance kicks in the day you report.

ClassyGent23

When do you guys think we should be receiving our dates? I would like to go away in August, but I'm afraid I might receive my Final Select Letter with the OCS date in August.

The sooner the better. The way my recruiter had been explaining stuff, I thought I would've had the FINSEL by now and would be nearing my OCS date. I am really hoping for July/August. Unfortunately, July probably won't happen.

KMC1020

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here was pro-reced for SWO in the February 2015 Board and is still waiting for their FINSEL and OCS Dates.

Present. I think the majority of us are still here. The only ones I've seen were special cases

Jetnerd1123

Does anyone (possibly some of the recruiters online if you're willing to chime in) know when they might start pushing some of the relatively newer Pro-Rec Ys through? I've seen people moving into the August class, however, I haven't seen too many in the September class. I know there is a back up pushing the SWOs through.

For a frame of reference, I'm Pro-Rec Y from the February SWO board.

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
What about for our dependents?
It kicks in the same time, however I'm not sure how it will work. I'm in the same boat because I'm crossing over from the Army to the Navy. I lose tricare and my wife's ID card and stuff. They may enroll them with a provider where they live and put them on Tricare Prime Remote and send them insurance cards.

WeissHatter

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here was pro-reced for SWO in the February 2015 Board and is still waiting for their FINSEL and OCS Dates.

Here, here. My recruiter said she'd check in last Monday to see if there was any word on OCS dates; nothing back yet.

ClassyGent23

Tentatively checking out! PRO REC Y for SWO, Oct 6! My OCS date is allegedly July 26!

That is great! Congrats on the news! If I remember correctly...you were NOT waiting on grades, right? I think there are a few other selects from October that were waiting on grades. I wonder if they would get a spot before the people from February that were not waiting on grades?...hmm