• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

ClassyGent23

Do you mind if I ask what all of you are doing while waiting in purgatory? I am finding myself to be in a hard spot. I graduated in December, I have a part time job, and I live in an apartment. My lease ends at the end of June. I don't know if I should try to find a new lease or not. I could bum on a few couches for awhile I suppose. Another thing is that the job I am currently in is more or less reserved for college students. I get the feeling that if I haven't gone to OCS by mid-way through summer, I may be let go because I have been out of school for six months. If that happens I don't know what I should do; I do not really want to start a new job just to leave a few months later (same goes with a lease).

But besides worrying about that, I pretty much fill my time with working out, work, and gouge. Anyone in a similar bind?

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
Do you mind if I ask what all of you are doing while waiting in purgatory? I am finding myself to be in a hard spot. I graduated in December, I have a part time job, and I live in an apartment. My lease ends at the end of June. I don't know if I should try to find a new lease or not. I could bum on a few couches for awhile I suppose. Another thing is that the job I am currently in is more or less reserved for college students. I get the feeling that if I haven't gone to OCS by mid-way through summer, I may be let go because I have been out of school for six months. If that happens I don't know what I should do; I do not really want to start a new job just to leave a few months later (same goes with a lease).

But besides worrying about that, I pretty much fill my time with working out, work, and gouge. Anyone in a similar bind?
As long as there is a military clause in your lease you may break it with your contract, when the time comes.

As far as the job don't know what to tell you there keep working it until you leave unless you have the means to support yourself otherwise.

ClassyGent23

As long as there is a military clause in your lease you may break it with your contract, when the time comes.

As far as the job don't know what to tell you there keep working it until you leave unless you have the means to support yourself otherwise.

Yeah I figured as much with the lease, I am just debating about bumming on a couch to conserve money.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
You can actually break it regardless of whether or not there is a clause.
According to the SCRA, "lease of premises occupied, or intended to be occupied, by a servicemember or a servicemember's dependents for a residential, professional, business, agricultural, or similar purpose if the lease is executed by or on behalf of a person who thereafter and during the term of the lease enters military service".

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
You can actually break it regardless of whether or not there is a clause.
According to the SCRA, "lease of premises occupied, or intended to be occupied, by a servicemember or a servicemember's dependents for a residential, professional, business, agricultural, or similar purpose if the lease is executed by or on behalf of a person who thereafter and during the term of the lease enters military service".
The SCRA also suspends or postpones other civil obligations such as taxes, court dates/trials, mortgage payments, credit card debt, land rights, trusts, etc. There's some really good information in the SCRA that might come in handy so I suggest everyone take a gander:

http://www.justice.gov/crt/spec_topics/military/scratext.pdf

Like @usnavymle said, you don't have to have a "military clause" in your contract to get out of it.

mz247

Does anyone happen to have a link for the "gouge" or maybe some good study material prior to OCS?

Or is that just something that should be learned once there?

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
@RUFiO181, just curious but is there a class that will be happening in June?

Since the SWO billets were cut for FY 15, thus resulting in a back log of SWO selectees, out of sheer speculation, would the the SWO communities see a rather large class up for the first few classes?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@RUFiO181, just curious but is there a class that will be happening in June?

Since the SWO billets were cut for FY 15, thus resulting in a back log of SWO selectees, out of sheer speculation, would the the SWO communities see a rather large class up for the first few classes?

Yes there are classes set up for June and no there won't be a SWO purge the first few OCS classes.