• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fight's On! The origins of TOPGUN and dogfights back in the day/future prospects

MPH

Jesus, I didn't expect to get the typical online dosage of Russian propaganda here... The Russians would never overstate their platform capabilities either... :eek:

I also love the fact that in the second diagram it compares the Australian's 1997 inventory to the Chinese's planned inventory.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Advice to the newbies re: missile capabilities. Those who talk, don't know. Those who know can't talk . . .

Exactly. The worst part about these threads is that it brings out the wannabe's with their extensive internet knowledge. I see one more post from anyone but those in the know about what was mentioned, this thread gets locked.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Also...

acm2.png

Without getting into specifics, based on my experience, that is accurate

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Exactly. The worst part about these threads is that it brings out the wannabe's with their extensive internet knowledge. I see one more post from anyone but those in the know about what was mentioned, this thread gets locked.

:eek:...Just to be clear, I'm not trying to offend nor pretend that I know what I'm talking about. I just think the SU-27 (30, 32, 35, 37) is a pretty awesome jet with some nice capabilities. I wanted to share.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
According to AW&ST the SU-30/35 has a 90,000lb GTO weight. That's one big a/c. Also, have others here read anything about Russia's passive infrared equipment that, in addition to providing azimuth info, also provides range info as well? Apparently, (and this is over 1 yr old info) the USAF sent a squadron of their newest F-15C's to India to do DACM with their Mig's. The Mig's, equipped with the super-duper infrared, just waxed the Eagles in almost every engagement. If this is very out-of-date gouge, then I apologize in advance.