• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FedEx Application Window Open

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
A Time = signed for the airplane time. Which works very much in your favor in a 3 piloted platform, because even when your in the rack your racking up A Time.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I think you may have uncovered something worthwhile here. People may actually have to excel beyond their first tours to be eligible for that airline gig.

I suspect this has been the case for longer than P-3's have been hurting for hours...From what I've heard, and there are definitely more experienced voices here to confirm this...Minimums would rarely get you the job at a major player like FedEx...

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Scoober,

Actually at FedEx, the mins are the mins.. They don't have secret mins. If you make the mins then you are ok. I know of many that were right at the mins. The reality is that most folks have more than the mins and thus when you read about competitive mins that is why the numbers increase!

Hey Gentlemen & Ladies,

If Commercial is what you want, keep pushing for that "A" time. Then when your ready, the job market will be yours.

I removed the article because you can post copyrighted material. Instead you need to post a link to the article. Their is a sticky with the forum rules that explains it all.
- HAL Pilot

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm curious to see what the pointy nose guys are coming away with for hours from JO tours.

Helo guys, too, since we're on the subject.

1000/7xx is about standard for TT/PIC split for Hornet JO's. Probably a little more than that for the west coast guys who deploy like 15 times during their JO tour.

phrogpilot73

800-900 total time seems typical for what I've seen on NATOPS/Instrument Check paperwork over the last two years; some with low 700s, a few with 1,000-1,100TT, one oddball with about 1,300 (did 2x ~2 year tours because of the H-60 transitions). This was for Navy helo guys going through the IUT syllabus in the training command.
Little higher on the USMC side of the house. Average is 1200-1400TT, with about 300-ish of signing. Now I'm at 1900 with 600-ish of signing...

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Almost through the JO tour. I'll probably leave with around ~1000 TT (in the E-6, not including the TRACOM) with close to 500 PIC. Those 12 and 13 hour flights really help.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I know, I have said this many times; but if you intend to pursue the airlines, you need to go to the training command. Every flight after the IUT is A/C time. There is no where better to get TT and PIC time, bar none! Plus, you'll probably enjoy it- Very rewarding and it will improve your airmanship as well. Also ground jobs are minor to non existant if you choose the 'Professional IP' route...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It's almost time for me to apply, 3000 hours, 1800 PIC time. You would think after 20 years, I would have more. Not so much being a COD guy and FRS IP.

MasterBates

Jesus Bunky.. I got ~1900 USN hours in 12 years, and E-2s and 60Bs were not exactly the bastions of shitloads of flight hours when I was flying them. (800 in the Hummer in 32 months, 703 in the B in 48 months, both including RAG)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I thought this was an interesting data point, as someone who did the TRACOM thing, but guys leaving the HSM West RAG will generally have about 1,600 hours TT. I've been told that there's a little more flying to be had at the East Coast RAG if someone wants it (and I've seen one individual who proves that), but generally, I didn't see evidence of that from guys who had come there and went to my last squadron. But to be honest, I don't think they wanted it.

Definitely a lower number than the TRACOM norm.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Currently at 3,200 total & 2500+ of that is PIC (Post DH). I left my 1st tour (Viking) with1,300 hours TT, 1,000 of that was PIC. It seems the hours a guy gets on the 1st tour is getting smaller over time... Pity.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Jesus Bunky.. I got ~1900 USN hours in 12 years, and E-2s and 60Bs were not exactly the bastions of shitloads of flight hours when I was flying them. (800 in the Hummer in 32 months, 703 in the B in 48 months, both including RAG)

I look through my log book and see months with 5-10 hours. Toughest time was in 2000-2001, the COD's were not flying, some months I had less than 5 hours. A VAW-120, months with same, less than 10 hours, aircraft down, bad weather. The way to build hours is VT, best way. I was supposed to go to VT-9 vice the FRS but forced to go to that shit squadron. I logged 250 hours while buddies logged 900-1000 during the same time at the VT's. One bud logged 1800 hours alone in T-34C's at VT-3 (yeah, there was some fat fingering I'm sure :)). Is what it is.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Currently at 3,200 total & 2500+ of that is PIC (Post DH). I left my 1st tour (Viking) with1,300 hours TT, 1,000 of that was PIC. It seems the hours a guy gets on the 1st tour is getting smaller over time... Pity.

Yeah, we have had Hornet guys show up down here in Kingsville with just over 600 hours, total flight time!! Not the norm but I think less than 1000 hours total is becoming the norm. I had 1300 total time at the end of my first COD tour, majority of that coming during my two deployments, 700 hours of it actually.