• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FedEx Application Window Open

MasterBates

Geez. 1000 hours mutli, turbine A time. Looks like P-3 guys need not apply, unless you're a post DH or higher. . .

Uncle Sugar just got a whole lot sweeter looking, all of a sudden.
Same for E-2s. Even where I met the mins, didn't have A time to what was needed to actually be competitive.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Geez. 1000 hours mutli, turbine A time. Looks like P-3 guys need not apply, unless you're a post DH or higher. . .

Uncle Sugar just got a whole lot sweeter looking, all of a sudden.

Uhhh...I got almost 800 hours of A time from my first EP-3 tour...still rough for hours in P-3 land?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Uhhh...I got almost 800 hours of A time from my first EP-3 tour...still rough for hours in P-3 land?

They tell me it's "better than it's been since Skipper was a JO!" Guys are routinely leaving with greater than 1000 hours total time, which is better than when I checked in.

However, I have no delusions about leaving this tour anywhere close to 800 hours of A time. I'm hoping if I do enough pilot trainers and sacrifice enough weekends to the skeds gods, that I might be able to break 500.

MasterBates

Yep. Depending on where in the workup cycle you check in, a 3 year JO E-2 tour can net you from 200-600 A hours, but over 500 is hard.

I left with under 100 in a 2 year tour.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
They tell me it's "better than it's been since Skipper was a JO!"

Well that must mean its good...:D

I was pretty average and rolled with just a touch under 1500 TT...or about 1300 in the 35 months I was there. There were guys I knew who left shortly after who were almost at 1900 hours TT, but they were the exception. Again, my A time was around 795 or so...the guy with 1900 TT rolled with nearly 1200 PIC...

For those of you trying to get to EP-3's to get more A time...you better figure out if Global Hawk counts...:rolleyes:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I still find this unbelievable. My JO tour ever PPC left with at least 1000 hours A time. My DH tour, not everyone had 1000 but they had at least 750 or so A time. The IPs all broke 1000 still.

KBayDog

I still find this unbelievable. My JO tour ever PPC left with at least 1000 hours A time. My DH tour, not everyone had 1000 but they had at least 750 or so A time. The IPs all broke 1000 still.

Trust me, your flight time woes could be a lot worse. (*cough* tiltrotor *cough*)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

What'd that old guy who hung around these parts used to say? Believe it. I am/will be one of the higher time JO's, and will be lucky to leave with 1350 hours, with about 5-600 of A time hopefully.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
1050ish P-3 time and 330 A time and I was a high hours JO in the squadron when I left. Pretty much the only shot at getting FedEx mins as a P-3 guy these days is go to VT-31/35 or maybe be post DH, if you can scrounge a super JO tour in place of the boat.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1050ish P-3 time and 330 A time and I was a high hours JO in the squadron when I left. Pretty much the only shot at getting FedEx mins as a P-3 guy these days is go to VT-31/35 or maybe be post DH, if you can scrounge a super JO tour in place of the boat.
I think you may have uncovered something worthwhile here. People may actually have to excel beyond their first tours to be eligible for that airline gig.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I'm curious to see what the pointy nose guys are coming away with for hours from JO tours.

Helo guys, too, since we're on the subject.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Helo guys, too, since we're on the subject.

800-900 total time seems typical for what I've seen on NATOPS/Instrument Check paperwork over the last two years; some with low 700s, a few with 1,000-1,100TT, one oddball with about 1,300 (did 2x ~2 year tours because of the H-60 transitions). This was for Navy helo guys going through the IUT syllabus in the training command.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Just so I'm understanding, is A time where you actually sign for the aircraft or is it FPT logged in our logbooks?

That said, I left with about 1000 hours total and a little over 300 signing for the helo.