• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FedEx Application Window Open

KBayDog

Little higher on the USMC side of the house. Average is 1200-1400TT, with about 300-ish of signing.

Those numbers are very quickly not becoming the norm anymore...and I suspect the numbers will continue to drop as we move back to more of a MEU model with lots more expensiver aircraft, with T&R manuals built more around simulators than actual flight.

(That said, some of the USMC's seemingly higher hours has a bit to do with our first tour lengths being a bit longer than our Navy counterparts. Case in point: When I checked into the HTs, some of my Navy IP counterparts with whom I winged were wrapping up their IP tours and off to Das Boat, school, etc.)

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, we have had Hornet guys show up down here in Kingsville with just over 600 hours, total flight time!! Not the norm but I think less than 1000 hours total is becoming the norm. I had 1300 total time at the end of my first COD tour, majority of that coming during my two deployments, 700 hours of it actually.

I would submit that this guy was an outlier. The shear number of deployments over the past 5 years makes that almost impossible (particularly if he was part of any West Coast CVW or CVW-7 on the East Coast).

1000/7xx is about standard for TT/PIC split for Hornet JO's. Probably a little more than that for the west coast guys who deploy like 15 times during their JO tour.

How do you get a split between TT and PIC time in a Hornet? Are you accounting for VT time?

MasterBates

The CAG-7 Pain Train was the only reason I got as many E-2 hours as I did. When we were home, my normal month would be 1-2 flights that weren't FCFs

Renegade One

None
For those looking, I've been told that FedEx has opened a pilot application window. ..
Looks suspiciously like a resurrection of the old "If You Really Want To Get Into "The Show"..." thread of some time ago.
I, for one, think y'all are ALREADY "in the show"...in the only game that really ever mattered/matters. As always, your mileage may vary....

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Looks suspiciously like a resurrection of the old "If You Really Want To Get Into "The Show"..." thread of some time ago.
I, for one, think y'all are ALREADY "in the show"...in the only game that really ever mattered/matters. As always, your mileage may vary....

As long as people don't get all butthurt and defensive over what other people want to do after they get out, it won't degenerate into that, hopefully.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
How do you get a split between TT and PIC time in a Hornet? Are you accounting for VT time?

Yes, it seemed like it generally took about 200 hrs or so to get through the VT's as a jet guy, and then the Hornet RAG still gives you about 20 or so dual non-PIC hours. 6 months into the fleet, I have about 500 TT and 200 Hornet hrs (mostly PIC as noted above), with a few more PIC hrs in the T-45 and T-34. I'd agree that a 600 TT guy coming from a Hornet JO tour is pretty unlikely, even if it is the case with that one guy.