• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I
I've been waiting for them to officially come out with the update age range. I'm 35 and my recruiter had told me it was increasing a month or two ago, but of course.. there was no guarantee.

However, I still may not be able to put in for this upcoming board. I'm still waiting for meps to let me come in for my physical. 7 months and counting..

exNavyOffRec

I

I've been waiting for them to officially come out with the update age range. I'm 35 and my recruiter had told me it was increasing a month or two ago, but of course.. there was no guarantee.

However, I still may not be able to put in for this upcoming board. I'm still waiting for meps to let me come in for my physical. 7 months and counting..
Given the number of applicants they get I am surprised they increased it, but take advantage of it while you can, and hopefully you meet the immediate selection requirements.

Is MEPS continuing to ask for more documents or are you getting no info as to why the delay?

Given the number of applicants they get I am surprised they increased it, but take advantage of it while you can, and hopefully you meet the immediate selection requirements.

Is MEPS continuing to ask for more documents or are you getting no info as to why the delay?
The most recent thing they requested was simple and like two pages long. I supplied that nearly 2 months ago and have had no updates or requests since. My medical history is pretty uneventful in my opinion. I've never even broken a bone.

I start my MBA with a healthcare administration concentration in January. I'm hoping the business classes help out with my supply package.. and the fall back plan is trying for health admin.
The medical recruiter told me to just go on base for a commissioning physical because I'm a dependent. But that was a no-go.. so I'm still waiting on meps.

exNavyOffRec

Your recruiter should have been getting the MEPS liaison to ask about the status shortly after you supplied that info, I would have. I would bug him or her Monday about a status, what rank is their recruiter or is the recruiter new? Sometimes a new person or someone that is a lower rank doesn't want to push too much.

Going for HCA isn't a bad idea, every HCA I know has enjoyed their career.

Your recruiter should have been getting the MEPS liaison to ask about the status shortly after you supplied that info, I would have. I would bug him or her Monday about a status, what rank is their recruiter or is the recruiter new? Sometimes a new person or someone that is a lower rank doesn't want to push too much.

Going for HCA isn't a bad idea, every HCA I know has enjoyed their career.
He's a LT. but I have no clue how long he's been in recruiting. I check in like every other week to ask if there are any MEPS updates or requests.. including about a week ago and he told me that we are at a standstill and to hang in there.. ?

sortiz

Retook the OAR as my recruiter suggested. We both hoped I would do better, but I did worse.

First try: 46, second try: 43. I won’t be taking it again as I wouldn’t have time to submit for the Feb board.

Current stats:
GPA: 3.93
Degree: BS Religious Studies, minor in Psych
OAR: 43
4 referral letters from a variety of service members from different branches that I have worked with.

All we are missing is my personal statement, which I will submit this weekend. And then my package is good to go. Crossing all my fingers!

I suppose I'll share my stats also.

GPA 3.83 Bachelor of Science in Psychology
OAR 46
Age 35
Beginning my MBA in January.

LOR from chief of police
Officer Appraisals from a recently retired Captain, an 04 Intel and 03 Submarine Officer. I was initially going for Intel but my OAR is really low for that.

*I still have not processed through meps* I very well could miss this board unless they let me come in asap.. been waiting over half a year for my physical at this point. Curious what everyone else's timeline was for meps and which location. I'm in Maine.

Last edited:

sortiz

I suppose I'll share my stats also.

GPA 3.83 Bachelor of Science in Psychology
OAR 46
Age 35
Beginning my MBA in January.

LOR from chief of police
Officer Appraisals from a recently retired Captain, an 04 Intel and 03 Submarine Officer. I was initially going for Intel but my OAR is really low for that.

*I still have not processed through meps* I very well could miss this board unless they let me come in asap.. been waiting over half a year for my physical at this point. Curious what everyone else's timeline was for meps and which location. I'm in Maine.
I’m in Great Lakes IL. I’m a dependent, as I believe you are as well, and was able to be seen at the Operational Medicine at Fischer Clinic here at Navak Station Great Lakes. I did have to do a bit of leg work to get my Precomm physical signed off, but it didn’t take more than three months and the only hold up were results from cardiology.

Retook the OAR as my recruiter suggested. We both hoped I would do better, but I did worse.

First try: 46, second try: 43. I won’t be taking it again as I wouldn’t have time to submit for the Feb board.

Current stats:
GPA: 3.93
Degree: BS Religious Studies, minor in Psych
OAR: 43
4 referral letters from a variety of service members from different branches that I have worked with.

All we are missing is my personal statement, which I will submit this weekend. And then my package is good to go. Crossing all my fingers!
I've taken it twice also. I really despise that test. I've been out of high school for almost two decades.. there is just so much content to try to re-learn and remember.
I’m in Great Lakes IL. I’m a dependent, as I believe you are as well, and was able to be seen at the Operational Medicine at Fischer Clinic here at Navak Station Great Lakes. I did have to do a bit of leg work to get my Precomm physical signed off, but it didn’t take more than three months and the only hold up were results from cardiology.
Damn.. I'm super jealous of your timeline. It has been excruciatingly slow over here. Best of luck with the board!

Last edited:

sortiz

I've taken it twice also. I really despise that test. I've been out of high school for almost two decades.. there is just so much content to try to re-learn and remember.

Damn.. I'm super jealous of your timeline. It has been excruciatingly slow over here. Best of luck with the board! Is this your first one?
The test is the worst, I should have just stuck with my initial score, but nothing to be done about that now. It is my first time up for board. I’m very nervous! I’m sorry MEPS is taking so long!

MarthMain

Posted in the last thread, but some timing stuff means I didn't actually get my packet in for NOV. Conveniently, this guarantees I can make it to a couple friends Birthdays.
Stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.04 with a BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering
Oar: 68
No LORs

Only other thing I can think of is I did end up needing a vision waiver.

exNavyOffRec

Posted in the last thread, but some timing stuff means I didn't actually get my packet in for NOV. Conveniently, this guarantees I can make it to a couple friends Birthdays.
Stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.04 with a BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering
Oar: 68
No LORs

Only other thing I can think of is I did end up needing a vision waiver.
If you are talking about PRK or LASIK they essentially now just make sure the pre op vision and follow ups were done and documented.

MarthMain

If you are talking about PRK or LASIK they essentially now just make sure the pre op vision and follow ups were done and documented.
I just have minor astigmatism, corrects to 20/20 easily with glasses. Had just had a vision appointment a few months prior so I sent it all in and got the waiver approved in like 3 days.