• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 11th 2006

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Cornellianintel said:
Before anyone really goes ragging on Joe, I have to say that I respect a man who likes to always have his faculties about him:)
Everyone loves a DD...

Logico

I used to drink...but that whole scene gets pretty old by the time you hit 25 or so. I'm 29, wife and 3 kids so everyone can spare me.

Cornellianintel

SNAFU on Orders?

Hey guys,

I'm probably just looking for something else to worry about, but I've been wondering why my orders say that I'll be commissioned as an Ensign, Naval Reserve upon completion of OCS. I know that it's now policy (since May 1, 2005) to commission all officers as regular officers. Does anyone/everyone else have the same thing on his orders?

I posted this on another thread hoping to get an answer back ASAP. I don't want any hold-ups once I leave for P-Cola.

Best,
Chris

UGAdawg34

IW Selectee
My orders say the same thing. I've also wondered about that but haven't gotten around to call my recruiter and ask him.

Logico

My orders say Reserve too. I was told that officers are listed as 'reserves' until they reach LT or LCDR (can't remember which). Then they are re-designated to active duty (or whatever). My brother, a Chief who just finished a 3 year recruiting command duty, said that this was recently changed so that everyone now just goes into normal active duty. Perhaps the orders are just not updated to show this change?

See everyone soon!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Do your order also say that you are going to OCS for 13 weeks? Mine had all of that... the blueprint for the orders that come haven't been updated. Don't worry.

Logico

VetteMuscle427 said:
Do your order also say that you are going to OCS for 13 weeks? Mine had all of that... the blueprint for the orders that come haven't been updated. Don't worry.

Nope. Mine says 12 weeks. As far as the "Reserves vs. Active" distinction goes it seems like a difference that makes no difference as far as Navy life is concerned.

Cornellianintel

Mine don't actually specify a time frame. It just says that upon completion of indoctrination...you will be appointed Ensign, Naval Reserve...

I actually found a link with the format of my orders. I don't know why they're different, but I do know that it's probably nothing to worry about.

See you guys in (I can't believe I'm saying this) a few days.

Best,
Chris

Heres the link if anyone's interested. I would kind of like to know if my orders are completely different for some reason.

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/officer/cnrc forms/1131_36 (AD Orders to OCS).doc

Recidivist

Coming up quick, good luck and keep us posted.

Oh, yeah, I'm obviously not in your OCS class, I am slated for april 15

We can discuss what time to meet there on base at the saturday pre-meeting meeting at Brew's Brothers ;) My orders were written a little funny too,....says I'm to spend 83 days in pensacola including 86 days at OCS...Darn penny pinchers found a way to sneak 3 extra days in on me :)