• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Failed DP at meps and selected NFO

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
How would you practice for the circle test (AFVT)?

Just if you could get a similar glass test, with circles at different depths. A civilian optometris could prob test you, but like said above, military won't accept their test. But they can tell you if you just had a bad military test day, and whether you would likely pass it next time.

I was just saying its not a just one time duke the system, once you are in you are in. every year they test your depth perception, color, near, far. really the only that ever changes in a flight physical short and long form is ekg.

they will also conduct a full flight physical immediately after any mishap, with 72 hour history ect. But as an lso, after a class A mishap, and catching the rest of the planes, I had to go do basically a full flight physical at 2am, eyes tested, blood, urine, along with everyone else involved.

long story short, you can't really scam it.

PhlyHigh94

You should worry more at the front of your mind. News flash: If you think getting a flight physical is a significant emotional event, you're in for a pretty big shock.
- Bro if you go around telling people your time at MEPS wasn’t stressful or flight physicals aren’t stressful then you’re just straight talking outta your ass. This meant alot to me and reading about people with perfect eyesight failing DP stressed me. Good day.

PhlyHigh94

100% sarcasm. Why was MEPS so stressful for you? You realize what job you're signing up for, right?
- You’re acting like MEPS didn’t stress you out, lol. Reading about people with perfect eyesight here failing tests at MEPS worried me. That’s why I was stressed.

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
- Sounds like somebody likes to kiss ass.

Dude, I am trying to become an Aviator just like you but if you can't handle simple banter like this, how do you think you will react to shit in the Ready Room?

Also, for the most part, we are trying to help you with info. History repeats itself on this site I guess.

browntown

- Bro if you go around telling people your time at MEPS wasn’t stressful or flight physicals aren’t stressful then you’re just straight talking outta your ass. This meant alot to me and reading about people with perfect eyesight failing DP stressed me. Good day.

...did you really just call an O5, who I believe is a VAQ squadron commander, “bro”? :eek:

Also if you’re shitting your pants over a day at MEPS, do you really think you can handle OCS?

PhlyHigh94

...did you really just call an O5, who I believe is a VAQ squadron commander, “bro”? :eek:

Also if you’re shitting your pants over a day at MEPS, do you really think you can handle OCS?

- I don’t see the problem? My mentor is an O4 flying with VFA-25 and we call each other bro. If I offended him, my bad. I meant no harm, nor used it as a derogatory term. I don’t get why people here would make a big deal out of stressing for MEPS.
Dude, I am trying to become an Aviator just like you but if you can't handle simple banter like this, how do you think you will react to shit in the Ready Room?

Also, for the most part, we are trying to help you with info. History repeats itself on this site I guess.
- Cause pretty sure people in the ready room don’t try to shit on someone trying to impress someone else, and that’s exactly what you did. I meant to offend nobody. I simply shared the story of how stressful MEPS was for me personally since I read way too many stories here of people getting fucked over at MEPS. I was hoping somebody who is currently about to go through MEPS would find it somewhat comforting to know that I was a shake box before MEPS and did okay when I went through it. That’s it. Nobody asked anybody to comment on what I posted.