• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-15 giving new meaning to high performance T/O & Taxi

Raptor2216

After watching this video, I wonder how much ORM the pilot of this F-15 must have had to complete and even them, i'm amazed that they let him fly it like he did. Anyway, its a pretty cool plane and a good pilot, even if it is the chair force.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
After watching this video, I wonder how much CRM the pilot of this F-15 must have had to complete and even them, i'm amazed that they let him fly it like he did. Anyway, its a pretty cool plane and a good pilot, even if it is the chair force.

Uh.....it looked to me like a pretty standard F-15 airshow performance...:confused:

B

Blutonski816

I always thought the super Tomcats put on a much better show...

scruffysecond.jpg

Saw VF-101's demo guys at Nellis in 03' and 04'... Both times they brought put the locals to shame...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Methinks airshow performances require ORM. It's a two-seat jet, so (hopefully) they always use CRM. :D

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
After watching this video, I wonder how much CRM the pilot of this F-15 must have had to complete and even them, i'm amazed that they let him fly it like he did

Dude what's your point ? WTF does CRM have to do with it?
Pretty standard for a display pilot - high performance takeoff.

But seriously, what's your point?

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
I think he's talking about the very end of the video...just a hunch though.

Rg9

pilot
I think he's talking about the very end of the video...just a hunch though.
Yeah, what's up with that? That must be either computer controlled, or they have some sort of stop so he doesn't hit the elevators. How would he even get the plane in that position?

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, what's up with that? That must be either computer controlled, or they have some sort of stop so he doesn't hit the elevators. How would he even get the plane in that position?

+1 for the sweet long distance wheelie

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damn. At first I just thought "Oh, aerobraking, whoopdeedoo." Nice.

Raptor2216

Dude what's your point ? WTF does CRM have to do with it?
Pretty standard for a display pilot - high performance takeoff.

But seriously, what's your point?

I meant to say ORM...F-15 being an AF jet and all. I haven't seen any plane pull nearly vertical after that short of a T/O roll before and I sure haven't even seen one pull a wheelie for that long. Tough crowd!