• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-15 giving new meaning to high performance T/O & Taxi

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
After watching this video, I wonder how much ORM the pilot of this F-15 must have had to complete and even them, i'm amazed that they let him fly it like he did. Anyway, its a pretty cool plane and a good pilot, even if it is the chair force.

ORM, like chow and PT, is continuous. But I'm still sick of hearing about it. (And I'm an ASO!)

Kycntryboy

pilot
It seems to me you need an announcer with a little bit more manly of a voice. The guy in the OP video sounds like he just hit puberty.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I guess that's how they spelled Awesome back in World War Eleven (How'd I miss Three through Eleven?!?)... You're murdering the Queen's English, and you're a Brit! :D

Either spelling is correct.

(I only know this b/c i said the same thing to someone else recently and they called me on it.)

[/me being a dick]

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Slick F-15E is a freakin' rocket ship. Nice departure.

That's the -229 powered jet, with no pods or wing pylons. The CFTs are probably empty, too. Rocketship is an understatement.

With respect to not dragging the tails, as long as you don't exceed 15 degrees of pitch before the main tires break ground, you won't scrape the booms.

I flew a -229 jet today with tanks but with the CFTs locked out (empty) and I took off at rotation speed, too, just for some perspective.

HackerF15E

None
Yeah, what's up with that? That must be either computer controlled, or they have some sort of stop so he doesn't hit the elevators. How would he even get the plane in that position?

Stick - aft.

Pretty difficult maneuver.

highside7r

None
Hacker,
Thanks for the info, pretty impressed with the extended aero-brake taxi. Why would the East demo team not fly a SJ bird over the pond?

HackerF15E

None
Hacker,
Thanks for the info, pretty impressed with the extended aero-brake taxi. Why would the East demo team not fly a SJ bird over the pond?

Because it's cheaper and less hassle to fly an airliner over the pond and hop in an F-15E that is all ready located in Europe than it is to get a tanker to drag one or two or three of them across the Atlantic.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Sorry, but it needs to be said:

attachment.php

Attachments

• motivator8963792.jpg
    motivator8963792.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 376