• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

tenntoo

Hi Cargogog,

I was on the OCT scrolls. I'm hoping for a 21FEB commissioning ceremony myself. *fingers crossed*

Devil Duck

My FINSEL came back, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm working off the word of my recruiter.

I'm on the OCT scroll that was dated 19 NOV. The same one as Charlie and others.

Devil Duck

I'm going to be the last man standing? Am I the only one who's packet didn't hit any bumps and has not yet received COMDOCS? Damn. This is almost as bad as coming on to civil service. Almost. Check that, worse.

tenntoo

Duck,

You're not quite the last man standing. My package is squeaky clean and I was on the OCT scroll. No FINSEL no COMDOCS.

Best,

-tenntoo

X

xxxCharliexxx

Guys, I check this site nightly waiting for you all to get your docs and congratulate you one by one...the process we go through is extremely mental. I really feel for the ones still waiting....Wondering, waiting, hoping, praying, worrying, fuming, etc. It's definitely a test of character. Don't give up and check on your progress every Tuesday (I tried to never call on Mondays because it seems "everyone else" would call then and on Tuesdays you are likely to be the only one that day so they can take time to check on your progress without interruption).

But we do have one that got through....
CONGRATS Intel_Warrior!!!!!!

It won't be long until the rest join your progress! :) I'm very glad that things are still moving and it gives me hope that the rest are not far behind you!

-Charlie

Iceman6291

Definitely not the last man standing, I have my FINSEL that was dated JAN 28 but not COMDOCS. I was on the OCT scroll list as well. Supposedly I was supposed to get the COMDOCS in by FEB 11 but since this snow storm has hit DC pretty much nothing is working like it should so I am guessing that date is going to be pushed back as well. I mean, DC ran out of sand to lay down so I am guessing that there isn't going to be mail for quite some time either...

cargodog

Definitely not the last man standing, I have my FINSEL that was dated JAN 28 but not COMDOCS. I was on the OCT scroll list as well. Supposedly I was supposed to get the COMDOCS in by FEB 11 but since this snow storm has hit DC pretty much nothing is working like it should so I am guessing that date is going to be pushed back as well. I mean, DC ran out of sand to lay down so I am guessing that there isn't going to be mail for quite some time either...

Aren't docs generated in Millington?

Iceman6291

Yep generated in Millington then FedEx'd to the recruiter. Either you go to the recruiters office to sign the paperwork and say the oath or you go to the office, fill out the paperwork, then do the oath at your more formal commissioning ceremony. Either way they have to get from Millington to your recruiter.

3912DCO

Yep generated in Millington then FedEx'd to the recruiter. Either you go to the recruiters office to sign the paperwork and say the oath or you go to the office, fill out the paperwork, then do the oath at your more formal commissioning ceremony. Either way they have to get from Millington to your recruiter.

That's a bummer, Iceman. You're probably too right; anyone trying to get ANYTHING done with any sort of Federal Agency in DC (or the East Coast for that matter) can expect everything to get pushed back at least a week while they dig out.

I'm glad they (PERS) are in Millington and I am about 4-hours away from them; the weather looks clear for the next 8-10 days :)

Iceman6291

That's a bummer, Iceman. You're probably too right; anyone trying to get ANYTHING done with any sort of Federal Agency in DC (or the East Coast for that matter) can expect everything to get pushed back at least a week while they dig out.

I'm glad they (PERS) are in Millington and I am about 4-hours away from them; the weather looks clear for the next 8-10 days :)

Rub a little more salt onto it why don't ya! Haha good luck with the process and keep us informed. Maybe these documents actually exist and aren't a myth afterall...

cargodog

I'm confused. If DOCS are generated and sent from Millington, then why would we worry that there's a blizzard stand down in DC?

3912DCO

I'm confused. If DOCS are generated and sent from Millington, then why would we worry that there's a blizzard stand down in DC?

WE (you and I wouldn't) but Iceman would because he and his recruiter and processor, etc. are all on the East Coast. Just like if you had a huge snow storm in Seattle (does that happen?) your recruiting office would likely be closed. I know the processing station that would locally generate my DOCS would be closed for a week at least and the processor would probably find a way to stay out for another :) Make sense? Is that what you were conveying, Ice?

One additional thing...USAF.Boom told me that our recruiter slipped up and told him that the DOCS, while released by PERS in Millington, are PRINTED at various processing stations around the country. In some cases, where the recruiting station and the processing station are not near each other, they have to be FEDEX'd but in our case, our recruiter has to drive about 30-minutes to pick them up.

Iceman6291

Mostly because of the delay due to the storm. The mail will be backed up since they can't get the trucks out and added to that fact the recruiters office has been closed this entire week too. So it's just a temporary setback that really only applies to people in the mid-atlantic region. For everyone else things should be proceeding as usual. Lucky bastards... Haha.

You beat me to it. That was in fact what I was attempting to convey. Hence the edit to the post. Interesting side note, the processor that I work with has actually been a HUGE help. The recruiter is busy and out of the office a lot and with all the applicants and everything else, not the easiest person to get ahold of. The processor has been moving things along by reminding the recruiter that I am still alive. Sounds like a little bit different from your experience perhaps? Ha.