• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ensuring Your VT Squadron

GMan1976

Banned
Does anyone know how to "work the system" to avoid getting VT3 when getting orders to TW5? I'm graduating API on 16 June and I'm really shooting for VT6 or VT2. Thanks for your input! Let the gouge begin!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
GMan1976 said:
Does anyone know how to "work the system" to avoid getting VT3 when getting orders to TW5? I'm graduating API on 16 June and I'm really shooting for VT6 or VT2. Thanks for your input! Let the gouge begin!

Seriously - you want cheese with that whine? Chill out. You'll do much better in the program.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^^ Ditto ... unless you are sleeping with the Student Control officer. :eek:

Seriously ... there is no "elite" amongst the VT's unliess this is a new concept --- and even then ... NAVAIR STUDs ??? You must be joking. You are ALL "meat" until further notice. :)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I want Corpus, no Pensacola, I want VT-2, no VT-6, I want..."

"YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!"
knight.jpg

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
I'm sure he just wants to avoid the homos from the air force, which I can't blame him for. that being said everyone I know who went through vt-3 liked it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you think which squadron you're in is going to affect your success in Primary I highly recommend a double shot of self-confidence before you set foot inside an airplane. You succeed by impressing your instructors and being a good pilot, not by "gaming the system." There is no system you can "game" and it doesn't matter. Not to mention you've just skylighted yourself to VT-3 on checkin day as "that guy" who doesn't want to be there.

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
Every squadron has its good points and its bad points. Suck it up and go with whatever squadron you get. Like nittany said, don't be "that guy." Besides, are EP quizzes really that bad? Quiz or no quiz, you should know your EP's cold.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
GMan1976 said:
Hmmm...definitely the wrong place to ask that question. Did you not think that there are mods on here that are IP's and have access to your email address.....and the school you graduated from? Good luck my friend. You've been pegged. Hope you're a hell of a stick and can think quick under pressure.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Man, like a pack of wolves! :D

Isn't VT-3 flying the T-6 now or did i get bad gouge? I thought i heard about one Navy primary squadron (non-NFO) that was flying the T-6.

kdawg

Steve Wilkins said:
Hmmm...definitely the wrong place to ask that question. Did you not think that there are mods on here that are IP's and have access to your email address.....and the school you graduated from? Good luck my friend. You've been pegged. Hope you're a hell of a stick and can think quick under pressure.

I really think you all are being a bit dramatic. Before I checked in to my squadron I heard which squadrons were the favorites and which ones had things like mandatory study hours. Its only natural to want to have the best experience you can while in flights school based on what you heard. I actually had a good amount of pride in my squadron and would let anyone coming in know that ___ was the best. Nothing wrong with that really, and nothing wrong with wanting to be with a squadron you hear high praises about. To act like this guy is screwed because he asked a simple question is ridiculous. After all, isnt the point of this whole website to get some helpful info, some gouge, some knowledge through experience? Dont jump down the guys throat for a simple question.

But on the same token, just make the most of what you get. Whatever squadron you are a part of I am willing to bet you will enjoy it and take pride in your experiences.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
kdawg said:
After all, isnt the point of this whole website to get some helpful info, some gouge, some knowledge through experience?
Well, of course. That's what we gave him. Gouge = a heads up of what to expect.

GMan1976

Banned
actually, just asking because most of my pals are in 2 and 6. plus, I'd rather have all my training be Navy (not AF). Not a case of which is better or worse. You all tend to read way too far into things sometimes. but thanks for answering my question (?)... kinda makes ya not want to even ASK questions on here huh?