• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry Riddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfk

and i think that if i were at riddle right now, instead of UF, the more serious atmosphere over there would definitely be putting me in the library more often.
god, AE is a *****...

RXSilver

is riddle really that easy to get into? ive heard from many people that as long as youve got the cash your in.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
That seems to be the concensus, I remember when I applied there four years ago, they accepted me before the second half of my application ever went in.

ControlledBurn

ERAU Student
I don't want to turn this into a school pissing match, but we've got plenty of Professors here at Riddle that are former Naval Aviators, and **** hot. For example my Flight Phys teacher is a former Top Gun (As in won the trophy, not just attended) my Performance teacher was an aggressor squadron pilot and an LSO, my Aeronautics III prof is a former A-7 pilot, and our Semper Fi Society advisor was one of the first Harrier pilots for the Corps. I'm sure FIT is nice, but I'm quite happy in my choice for ERAU in Daytona. The maintenance on our planes is top notch, our instructors are good, fun, and professional. If you're not a hard charger, it's easy to get behind in your licenses if you're AS, but like Bliz, I finished my PPL recently, and am already halfway through my Instrument add-on, and have plans to be Commercial Multi rated by December. Lots of kids decline to stay the summer for whatever reason, but it's a great time to fly, good weather (aside from the daily evening T-storms, but you get that all through FL) and with the low amount of students per instructor, you'll fly daily if you're up for it.

Riddle non-flying degrees are top notch also. I was a CS major to begin with, and many of my former class mates now work for companies like Raytheon and Boeing. My current roommate is currently being courted by Boeing to go to work for them as soon as he graduates this month.

I can't comment on the ROTC programs, as I've never been involved with them here, but the local Marine Corps OSO is a great individual for those wanting to get involved with the PLC program.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
RedFive said:
Riddle is great...if you can stand Prescott and the ratio.

Yeah, that’s like saying: getting hit in the head with a hammer is great, if you can stand the pain and the blood loss. :icon_smil

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
As someone who went to Riddle in Daytona then transfered to a state aviation school, I would say it doesn't matter. However, as a Naval Aviator now I wouldn't go to an aviation school thinking it will help you in Navy flight training. The air sense you get is invaluable but I would recommend getting a degree not related to aviation then flying at you local FBO for half the price. I know a lot of people who had to relearn how to fly the "Navy way" after spend tens of thousands of dollars getting their CFII.

Just my 2 cents

qweasd22

Two Basic Questions About Erau.

HEllo im currently a high school student with just 2 questions about Erau.

1. Will they take anyone in their flight program with a 2.9 (unweighted) and a 3.1 weighted GPA Cumulative GPA???
With a 940 SAT?? iwht Football and track, Future business leaders, and little community service, as extra curriuclar, AS well as Flying. (im graduating in 2005)

2. What is their aircraft fleet and are they in good condition?

(both campuses)

-Thank You

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
1.) You'll probably get in. I know somebody with that sort of SAT who got in. He's probably the best Freshman Riddle Pilot I've flown with. You've got time left though, so try to work on the grades...

2.) Cessna 172s and twin engine Piper Seminoles. All new aircraft...As far as I know, they get rotated in with some sort of lease agreement with Cessna, but I'm not 100% on that. Don't ask me though, I'm AE (help!).

That's just Prescott though...I can't speak for Daytona. If you cherish your sanity, you'll go to Daytona.

qweasd22

Ok, Thank you all for responding to my questions, yeah ill bring my grades as well as my SAT score up by the time I graduate high school. Im also considering attending embry riddle SPRING of 2005, so I can walk in with my commercial multi engien ratings from a local FBO and ALL ATP. Since I turn 18 fall of 2005. Does RIddle offer any CFI progams? Im currently working on my private which ill get done by fall this year and hten my instrument by next spring. Thank you again. Please post any suggestions or comments about this.

qweasd22

Oh Thank you for the advice. But what im planning to do is be a student at riddle working on aero sci with a minor in something else....and be a Flight instructor for them building up hours, so when I graduate I can have 1500 or something hours?? do they hire students to be thei rinstructors?????

qweasd22

I have calculated the total cost from my local FBO (AFI) from private-commercial its goign to cost 20K (C172 SP, and piper) then at ATP a multi engine rating would cost 1K then for multi time builder (which im plannign to take before I go on to college) is 4K. total of 29K private-commercial multi....
Thank you again patmack.

qweasd22

Also Patmack, SNA? you mean in OC?? IM from N.OC. (KFUL) and are oyu planning to eb a military pilot? or airline? whats yoru goal patmack.-thankls

qweasd22

oh SNA meaning I thought you were at Santa Ana John wayne. how many hours Total time did you have when you graduated from there? when did you graduate?

-Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.