• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Embry Riddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubicon

On their chat board they set some pretty low standerds on what was needed to get in, could someone give me an idea on what type of grades are really needed to get into embry riddle? thanks in advanced

BFisher

Cessna 152 Ace
http://apps.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=3632

I just got my acceptance letter for daytona beach. Have a 3.4ish

3.0 frosh
3.1 Soph
3.85 Junior
3.7 Senior (so far)

LoL notice the jump? I bet you can tell when I decided I wanted to fly planes.

navyfan

If you're considering ERAU for flight, don't forget to check out Florida Institute of Technology. We took our son to both, and liked FIT better. The BIG PLUS? FIT's flight line is in a great spot at Melbourne's airport, the facilities are top notch, and you'll spend your flight $$$ flying instead of taxing on the ground waiting to take off at Daytona. Dorms are nicer at FIT, food was better, and they had a wider range of students with varying interests. Melbourne is not Daytona, but when you're parents--that's a good thing;>) They are both really expensive, but in our opinion, you'll get more flying done at FIT for less money.

rubicon

Thanks, but I am interested in becoming an officer, and there is no ROTC. The only reason I am looking at Aviation is because there are specialized schools that will help prepare you for you duties later on, but if there is no ROTC, then I am not intrested in aviation. Sorry if I am a little harsh.

gringo

i went to riddle for a year and got no flying done. they had just too many students. then i went home and finished my ppl in 3 weeks for half the cost. so i decided to transfer out of riddle to a state school and finish my flight training at the local fbo. much much cheaper and i think i have better training, and finished in a lot less time. i have my ppl, instrument and commercial. and right now i dont think an aero sci degree is that useful in the industry. but thats just my opinion

notyco

I am at Purdue and enrolled in the flight program here. I'm on a NROTC scholarship and the Navy pays for all my flight fees. It is much more competative to get into the program here but it is all around a better program. You have dedicated times that you fly so no need to worry about scheduling an aircraft. You will get actual King Air time and lots of time in 727 sims. I am leaving here going into the navy with 400 hours a commericial certificate with single and multiengine ratings, instrument rated and my CFI. Go Boilers

Rob_ERAU

I go to ERAU Prescott campus and yes it is very expensive. Since I have been here I have never had a problem with not getting scheduled to fly, I have a set time every week day when I fly and all I do is show up. As far as flight training goes, you can not beat ERAU, there is a reason why they are number one in the world for flight academics. I'm sure there are cheaper ways to go about getting licenses and ratings, but will you get the quality training that I believe Riddle provides? I'm not so sure. I transfered into Riddle just last semester not knowing a damn thing about flying or aviation, I mean nothing, and now I'm getting ready to start my multi-engine and I just recieved my private, it went that fast. A person interested in aviation would be wise to consider ERAU simply because everything you do here from school classes to the flight line is aviation education; and I mean everything.

gringo

right before my freshman yr in 00 they increased the tuition, and did it again during my freshman yr. ive heard they have done it several times since, plus $120/hr for a 172 and 40/hr for instructor sucks. i dont care if theyre brand new 172s. i pay 60 /hr for a crappy 1982 model, plus govt discounts through the state. so it was a plus for me to leave, and daytona sucks anyway.

TechGuru

I am going to go to embry riddle this fall and my major is aerospace engineering. I was at first aeronautical science, but I figured the AE would be a better way to go because it is about half the cost of AS and you would get more use out of it. Thats just my 2 cents :icon_rage

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
gringo said:
right before my freshman yr in 00 they increased the tuition, and did it again during my freshman yr. ive heard they have done it several times since, plus $120/hr for a 172 and 40/hr for instructor sucks. i dont care if theyre brand new 172s. i pay 60 /hr for a crappy 1982 model, plus govt discounts through the state. so it was a plus for me to leave, and daytona sucks anyway.

you left too? I started in the fall of 99. I left after the first year. The school was too small for me, and no NROTC. I loved the town of DB however. So I moved on to FSU where the school was too big and Tallahassee sucked. And NOW they have an NROTC unit... arrrrgh.

oh, and I got in on a 3.4 HS GPA. A little community service. 1210 SAT/29 ACT. I had AP Physics and 4 years of math, even though only 3 years was required. Other than that, I didn't do much else but apply. They figure if you can afford it, they'll let you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.