• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Elective Surgery ie Vasectomy!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IFT20, You did it all wrong...we had a reserve anesthesiologist on board our CVN who was bored. Had lunch in the WR with him a alot. He offered his services...and I quickly accepted. Guy had what looked like a stand up craftsman toolbox full of magic drugs and he was just itching to use it...on me.

I don't remember a thing. Piece of cake. Zero discomfort.

Two days of percocets made my rack feel warm and fuzzy like a cotton cocoon. My own personal blue curtained time machine, if you will.

I sked it out to concur with a no-fly day and steel beach, so no interruption of work.
No problems, no bad anything. If you're done with sowing your wild oats...this is the way to go.

Plus when you volunteer, make sure you tell your Mrs you're doing this so she won't have to have an invasive surgery...makes you look like Mr. Wonderful.

r/
Snip Doggy Dog
squished3ku.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh god, percocets. I'm friggin loopy as sh!t on any opiate based drug. Let me tell you... Lortab.... makes your IM conversations VERY interesting.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
skidkid said:
We had a bunch of guys get them on the boat as we started heading east back home. I heard too mnay stories of vasectomies gone wrong.
Common practice on the TR when I was onboard. In fact, the surgeon used to let the MARDET CO do the procedures. He said it was perfectly legal as long as he was supervising and had the patients consent. Dutch (the Marine CO) did 5 or 6 of them.

When the ship's XO had his, we had a play-by-play over the 1MC from Dutch - f'in hilarious. Than the XO's "boys" (symbolically) were buried at sea complete with a memorial service featuring the MARDET in their dress blues and a 21 gun rifle salute.

KimberlyD

Okay, sorry guys but I have a serious question regarding this... How does it effect your flight status? My husband is holding out on getting one b/c of his "flight status".

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Uhhh I guess Ill drop the manhole cover on your poor husband. Assuming there are no complications I think you're down for a week or less.

Fred

My husband had his done on the carrier between the Gulf and Australia. He stayed on this boat for the 4 day port and I met him a few days later in Thailand. He was fine within a week. He was flying after 10 days.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Just curious about something....

IFT2O said:
I'm down for 2 weeks

I'd assume that this means down from flying for 2 weeks. :D Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can get "other things" going again?

Thanks.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My OPSO got the COMBAT 'V' and he was back in the cockpit after a week (I think) and he was a little tender when we were putting G's on the jet. He was saying that he felt pressure when we were pulling G's.

I waited almost 10 years after the last child before I received my Combat V (shore duty). Civillain doc....I was black and blue for a week. Ah, the ice bag felt good.

ea6bflyr

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Fred said:
My husband had his done on the carrier between the Gulf and Australia. He stayed on this boat for the 4 day port.

Stayed on the boat for Australia............yeeeeeeeeah, even I don't believe that one.

Two days before we hit Australia on my second float one of my wisdom teeth abcess and was oozing puss....anyway, went to the Doc and he said he'll just pull that top one while he was at it. I'll tell ya....sitting in that chair rocking back and forth with the ship while having him come at my face with multible instruments and saying "Hold still" was a little unnerving. Anyway, he gave me drugs and told me it'd be better if I just stayed in the rack while the ship was in Australia. I was recovering from infection and had two gapping holes in my jaw (which he didn't sew up) and still got off the boat for Australia. And when they say don't mix those painkillers with alcohol, they are serious. I was sicker than a dog the whole time in Australia, but what do expect from a 19 year old.

Anyway, back on topic. I know many are curious but too ashamed to ask (I have no shame).......How does it 'feel' to shoot blanks? always wondered...

Fred

E5B said:
Stayed on the boat for Australia............yeeeeeeeeah, even I don't believe that one.

He did. :) He'd been there several times before and wanted to be rested up to see me the following week! :icon_smil

E5B said:
Anyway, back on topic. I know many are curious but too ashamed to ask (I have no shame).......How does it 'feel' to shoot blanks? always wondered...

Why would it feel any different? You still ejaculate semen. It just doesn't have any sperm in it. Sperm make up a very small percentage of the fluid.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
E5B said:
No difference at all. A week after the surgery (unless you're as unlucky as ea6bflyr), you're back in the saddle, so to speak, as if nothing had ever changed. Good stuff, I tell ya!

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slammer2 said:
30 posts in and still on track....just incredible

No kidding. I had no idea that it was so common to get this done while on deployment... but I guess it makes sense.