• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eating before the PRT

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, you can take in too much water and mess up your body's balance, but most people don't. Best way to stay hydrated is to keep drinking in AM until you pass clear fluid and then back off a bit to keep it clear.
Bingo! You can most certainly drink too much water and jack up your body's electrolyte balance. I usually drink a liter of water before I even get to work in the morning. I'll drink another liter before workout/lunch and have to urinate probably 4-5 times before my workout. I think I definitely keep myself well hydrated, but I also know there's a limit to how much water I should drink.

thull

just eat what you normally eat. day/night before the prt is no time to experiment with any miracle foods. the three mile run is where you'll burn your carbs, and it's not long enough to warrant any huge "carbo loading." keep it balanced, get your veggies night before (no one knows this, but veggies are the freakin KEY to feeling good and busting out an awesome prt), and generally avoid dairy up to 4 hours before the run.

troy

Pags

N/A
pilot
it's only a PRT...don't worry about it too much. I like to wake up, drink some a glass or two of water, and then have a cup of coffee in the car...maybe a bagel or something like that as i'm leaving. the nice thing about a commute is that it gives the food time to settle.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Load on complex carbs the night before. Then the morning of, do some complex carbs and simple carbs like white bread or white rice. Before I go run/workout I generally don't eat anything within an hour of the activity. Then like 15 minutes before, drink a double espresso or a redline energy drink. It'll be good.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
My usual is a normal, well balanced meal the night before... nothing fancy... maybe mac & cheese, broccoli and a small steak... something like that.

Morning of, glass of water and 2 nutrigrain bars. Enough to give a little energy and curb the morning hunger, but not enough to weigh me down or anyhting.

Again, nothing fancy.

GMan1976

Banned
You can always try the John Belushi pro-workout diet to success. Wake up (or "come-to") 20 mins before you have to muster for the PRT... toss back 4 or 5 jelly donuts, a fifth of JD, and an eight-ball of Columbian white. That should get you through...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can always try the John Belushi pro-workout diet to success. Wake up (or "come-to") 20 mins before you have to muster for the PRT... toss back 4 or 5 jelly donuts, a fifth of JD, and an eight-ball of Columbian white. That should get you through...

Throw a hooker in there and it sounds like a good day.

USFpilot06

pilot

4 fried chickens.... and a coke....

Pags

N/A
pilot

On my training table I have mini-chocolate frosted donuts....and cigarettes.