• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Pilot and different communities

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
By upgrade you mean never was one and still Isn't one. Then yes. They did install "long endurance" seats and they are awful.
So.......... par for the course for NAVAIR. Did those seats make it to the fleet two years behind schedule too?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eight hours in flight! Did NAVAIR upgrade the crapper as well?
Quintuple cycles for all my friends!

And jet guys have been doing 8+ hours strapped to an ejection seat for as long as OIF/OEF/OIR have been things. Just sayin’ . . .

OscarMyers

None
Quintuple cycles for all my friends!

And jet guys have been doing 8+ hours strapped to an ejection seat for as long as OIF/OEF/OIR have been things. Just sayin’ . . .

We were doing 9.0+ in theater, having to stop for gas heading in and coming out. At least we had room to stretch out and got a box lunch on the way in. I would not want to spend that much time in a jet, that's a prime scenario for a "bio" incident.

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

None
By upgrade you mean never was one and still Isn't one. Then yes. They did install "long endurance" seats and they are awful.

New seats still only being procured for the front end?

For us fat kids in the back, shall I assume there’s gonna be a squadron group-buy for custom Coleman inflatable seat cushions in the near future?