• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Pilot and different communities

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I can't get over how much I love the sound of this aircraft

This is all I heard last weekend at my parents. These guys were in a 3-5 plane rotation doing FLCP....ALL DAY. Pictures may not do it justice, but they make the turn to return to Wallops right over my parents house. It sounds like an invasion of bees when their sitting on the runway...the constant buzzing.

Also did some surf fishing, son caught his first "shark". Water was crazy warm for November.

Last edited:

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The quality of GoPro type cams are impressive - here's recent production by an E-2 driver doing CQ,. I still laugh that there is a humble Garmin GNS 530 Nav in the center panel. (very capable piece of OTS gear gear - I am pleasantly surprised at the common sense of giving the E-2 the capability of WAAS RNAV LPV, ILS, and VHF comms in one very rugged box).

For those of you wondering what an EMALS cat shot looks like.

taxi1

pilot
For those of you wondering what an EMALS cat shot looks like.
Below decks...

tumblr_p7li6nwPdV1qmob6ro1_500.gif

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This is all I heard last weekend at my parents. These guys were in a 3-5 plane rotation doing FLCP....ALL DAY. Pictures may not do it justice, but they make the turn to return to Wallops right over my parents house. It sounds like an invasion of bees when their sitting on the runway...the constant buzzing.

View attachment 28077View attachment 28075View attachment 28076

Also did some surf fishing, son caught his first "shark". Water was crazy warm for November.
View attachment 28078
Is Ray’s Shanty still around? Close to Wallops.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

View attachment 28077View attachment 28075View attachment 28076

View attachment 28078
Question from the unaware...the E-2 in @ABMD’s very pics appears to have a fuel probe for aerial refueling, is that a new thing?