• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Duel or Dual Designator

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The indigenous women of Whidbey Island are many things, but small is not one of them. ;)

Brett

Harrrrrrumph !!!! How about "fine" ... ???? :)

'Course she's not "indigenous" ... she's Norwegian!!!

eatyourheartout1111fineip2.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Harrrrrrumph !!!! How about "fine" ... ???? :)

'Course she's not "indigenous" ... she's Norwegian!!!

Indeed. Hey, you ever have a gigantic piece of driftwood come hurtling through your back door? I always wondered how all that driftwood got on the other side of the road without going through some houses.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Indeed. Hey, you ever have a gigantic piece of driftwood come hurtling through your back door? I always wondered how all that driftwood got on the other side of the road without going through some houses.

Brett
Nope. I am protected. Nothing comes "hurtling" through my back door. Or my front door. I believe in the Second Amendment. :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope. I am protected. Nothing comes "hurtling" through my back door. Or my front door. I believe in the Second Amendment. :)

Driftwood. I don't know how original this is, but it strikes me as the perfect name for some of the slovenly characters who seem to dwell in the Pac NW. Until now, I've just called them Pacific NW mutants - characterized by vapid, dull blue eyes quizzically staring into the distance; above average height along with above average hair length - usually dishwater brown; and a particularly offensive predilection for mouth breathing. I'm sure you know the type. :D

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've visited a few websites, but they lack the real world information that I'm looking for here. Are any of you Duel Designators, or know someone who has this position? Any information is appreciated.

*Edited for extreme title error

Start with OPNAV Instruction

We always had one on staff at VF-101 and have one of the former ones with us at Pax River

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Start with OPNAV Instruction

We always had one on staff at VF-101 and have one of the former ones with us at Pax River

I didn't know the program was broadened to include psychologist, physiologist and optometrist. That is cool. I also noticed that although this program authorization does not specifically spell out the no combat/operational flying, it does list billet types that dual designator guys can expect and a deployable fleet squadron is not on the list.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Would stand to reason anyway. Operational flying (esp. combat) would nix their protected status as a medical type under Geneva Conventions restrictions. Test/eval, currency, flight hours for pay, etc. - ok. Suiting up to go downtown - not so ok.

And have we really reached the point where we need (specifically) an "aerospace optometrist?" I didn't schedule an eye exam or order a new set of specs from Lenscrafters for the last time I flew United.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And have we really reached the point where we need (specifically) an "aerospace optometrist?" I didn't schedule an eye exam or order a new set of specs from Lenscrafters for the last time I flew United.

Hey, lots has happened on the LASIK/LASEK and contact lense front in the last three years.