• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drones - sUAS Thread

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Watch this in fullscreen 1080p60 to get a better sense of just how good this is... and it can capture all the way up to 4k60p.

Also, your neighbors have a LOT of cars assuming the ones on the street are theirs I count 12 vehicles between those 2 houses!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is a nice example of some skills. Flying into the moving boxcar and back out...oh yeah.

Also an example of breaking multiple laws, plus it's sped up to seem faster than it actually is. Lame.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I suspect the FAA does not share that perspective. I've seen a device demo'd that will interrogate most COTS drone types within a fairly large area, which gives position, serial number and name the device is registered to. If you're operating near a major airport, assume you're being monitored.

taxi1

pilot
I suspect the FAA does not share that perspective. I've seen a device demo'd that will interrogate most COTS drone types within a fairly large area, which gives position, serial number and name the device is registered to. If you're operating near a major airport, assume you're being monitored.
That’s once the drones have the eventually mandatory transponder-ish thing onboard.

An awful lot of drone flights break the law, flying over or too close to people being the #1 rule broken, but also beyond line of sight. And altitude.

This is a phenomenal video done by a student, that also broke all of those rules. :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That’s once the drones have the eventually mandatory transponder-ish thing onboard.

An awful lot of drone flights break the law, flying over or too close to people being the #1 rule broken, but also beyond line of sight. And altitude.

This is a phenomenal video done by a student, that also broke all of those rules. :)

Nope. It pings the hardware just like the hand controller does that operates it. This is happening today. I watched a live demo.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I saw a demo of the AF counter UAS used by base security forces. Its pretty cool what they can do to defeat a drone. Daesh/ISI/ISIL employed DJI drones with explosives - that's the scary scenario.

FAA is pushing Remote ID for >250 grams but no one knows how to implement.

For now, use practical judgement and stay below 400', outside of instrument approach TERPS corridors. DJI and US built sUAS automatically respect this. The host of Chinese drones like I bought leave that to the pilot.

taxi1

pilot
If you are a tinkerer, with a PixHawk controller (open source hardware, lots of vendors) and a bunch of different choices of open source software stacks, you can whip up your own fully auto drone that can be directly controlled, controlled via a number of stability-augmented modes, or GPS waypointing. We're talking a couple of hundred $$ to get in the game too. Easy to retrofit your average R/C aircraft.

Amazing capability.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor