• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Drones - sUAS Thread

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Circa 2006, I'm on a nice long afternoon run around the perimeter of the Navy base in Newport, RI. One lonely goose was near the path as I passed it. It skirted away as they normally did...at least that's what I thought. This time though, the little bastard waited for me to pass and then took to flight and came after me and took a nice peck at my left tricep. The next day, my arm had a huge bruise and it looked like someone took a hammer to it. Hurt like a son of a bitch.
The Newport geese are merciless tormentors and prodigious defecators.

taxi1

pilot
Go hang out with a good racing drone driver. It is insane what they can do with those things. I know two grad students who are RPs (remote pilots) and one will go up with a glider-ish fixed wing and do aerobatics while the other literally does barrel rolls and repeatedly bumps the first with his FPV racing drone throughout the maneuvers.

An FPV racing drone driver in a squad of Marines would be useful in a bunch of ways. Do a blow-through of a building, filming everything, and watch for details on the backside. Go kamikaze with a grenade. Etc.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Make sure you fly your drone near some MOAs to generate more UFO reports to keep The Drive writing articles to keep the damned UFO thread alive.
The Great Atheism Debate of 2020 took care of that dinq list item already. Good thinking though.

taxi1

pilot
An FPV racing drone driver in a squad of Marines would be useful in a bunch of ways. Do a blow-through of a building, filming everything, and watch for details on the backside. Go kamikaze with a grenade. Etc.
This is a nice example of some skills. Flying into the moving boxcar and back out...oh yeah.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
You can fly your drone in D or C. You just have to notify the appropriate FAA facility. Since you can’t operate above 400 Ft AGL in most cases, they usually don’t care.
LAANC does this in a near-automated fashion, fwiw.

(you're also not supposed to fly in class E approach corridors without LAANC)

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
How long until @mad dog gets his and we start getting pictures of his watch or Hooter's girls taken from a drone?
Yeah well @ChuckMK23 came over to the house with his new flying gizmo...BUT he didn’t offer to let me fly it [probably a smart thing]...

...AND for the record, it’s pretty useless as a snowblower...

Last edited: