• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DREAM SHEET -- '60's-'70's

DREAM Sheet -- Naval Air of the '60's/'70's

• Total voters

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
My votes go to the VA Squadrons; I wanted to be an A-6 pilot since I remember...too late now, but if I could have been born earlier...

1st: A-6
2nd: A-1

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
im in San Diego right now, about to go to the Midway i'm looking forward to seeing a few of these aircraft up close. I saw a formation of world war 2 aircraft flying in formation yesterday. I'm in mission valley right now..the whole area is beautiful. anyway, my fiance is forcing me to get up and get ready.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
A-1 SPAD Rules!

I credit the birth of my desire to enter Naval Aviation with stumbling upon Rosario Rausa's book "Gold Wings, Blue Sea" in my local library. This was circa '79 or '80. I think I built a dozen plastic scale models of every A-1 Skyraider I could find!

I read and re-read Capt Rausa's book that entire summer - and determined that I wanted to be a Naval Aviator more than anything in the world.

For a kid from a crappy New England mill town, with hippie parents, I don't know how I managed it, looking back. But I did and thank God I did!

The A-1 will always be huge for me.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
It would have been pretty cool strap a couple of these on the pylons of your SPAD too.

Attachments

• spadtoilet1_800x549.jpg
    spadtoilet1_800x549.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 22

PA-28III

Pro-Rec SNA with BDCP
A-6 all the way, too bad I'm about 20 years too young to have flown it. I'm also too young to ever get a chance to fly the EA-6B (Bummer). F-8 #2 because I just love Vought.