• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DREAM SHEET -- '60's-'70's

DREAM Sheet -- Naval Air of the '60's/'70's

• Total voters

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Since 90% of the posts on Air Warriors involve wishful thinking to some degree or another ... another 5% involve "what %" type of questions and the remaining 5% involve "lies" ..... :)

I thought I'd take this informal poll and see -- in your dreams -- were you to be the top of your class .... say 40 years ago .... and everything was "open and available" ...

What WOULD you put for choice # 1 and # 2 on your "Dream Sheet" ?? Officer or enlisted; front seat/back seat/any seat -- doesn't matter --- just the aircraft.

You may choose more than one -- try to only pick two, however -- so as to not be ridiculous -- remember, you're GOING to get your choice(s) .... and your vote is visible.

Enjoy ...

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
When you're out of F-8s, you're out of fighters. I think I read that on a wall in the sim building in Kingsville. :icon_mi_1

If I want to fly Phantoms, maybe I'll transition to the IRIAF. I hear they need some pilots.

Huggy Bear

pilot
All great choices. I would prefer the A-7 or A-4 as they are most closely related to my experience as an FA-18 guy. F-4 or F-8 would be attractive for the air-to-air opportunities, but weren't those planes tough to land at the boat.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
When you're out of F-8s, you're out of fighters. I think I read that on a wall in the sim building in Kingsville. :icon_mi_1

For better or for worse, I think one of these two stickers adorned nearly every other locker when I went thought flight training -- the 27C's were going into mothballs and so were F-8 squadrons (amongst others) as a direct result.

The bottom line was that we had beaucoup former F-8 drivers as flight instructors ....

outoff8rp3.gif
f8crusaderrl0.jpg

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
For better or for worse, I think one of these two stickers adorned nearly every other locker when I went thought flight training -- the 27C's were going into mothballs and so were F-8 squadrons (amongst others) as a direct result.

The bottom line was that we had beaucoup former F-8 drivers as flight instructors ....

outoff8rp3.gif
f8crusaderrl0.jpg
That's the one...ah, brings back terrible memories of sim hell. Just like the Tomcat pilots today I guess.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
RA-5C.....absolutely, no question (at least from an outsider's perspective). Short second would be A-6's

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a toss up between A-6 and F-4 (NFO!) I've flown in a F-4 and an electric A-6 (but no real A-G weapons). Scooters would be my first choice, but no room for NFOs. :(

-ea6bflyr ;)

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Like both the f-4 and f-8. Probably would choose the f-8, something about all those guns excites me :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
No Broncos?
O.K. ... I see you took matters into your own hands ... post #6 notwithstanding :D ... just "proves" my VP-guy point made therein :D .... so cancel SPAD/OV-10 option and choice #11 will be devoted to one Navy squadron that flew for 3 years.

Ain't this a GREAT country??

Raptor2216

Even after all the knowledges offered about the A4 by A4's, the phantom is in the lead with 59%??? What is this world coming to? I should probably begin weeping.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Even after all the knowledges offered about the A4 by A4's, the phantom is in the lead with 59%??? What is this world coming to? I should probably begin weeping.

Not at all. We NFO's need a place to sit too, you know. Besides, how awesome would it be to have a place in one of the more dominant fighters in the early phases of the A/A radar realm.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
O.K. ... I see you took matters into your own hands ... post #6 notwithstanding :D ... just "proves" my VP-guy point made therein :D .... so cancel SPAD/OV-10 option and choice #11 will be devoted to one Navy squadron that flew for 3 years.

Ain't this a GREAT country??

it's just like Burger King