• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Don't Ask Don't Tell going away

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
And 40 years ago, a black guy marrying a white girl or vice versa was not socially acceptable (and I think may still have been illegal) in places in America. Where are you going with this?

Hopefully this will help clear up where I'm comming from. I personally am not opposed to nor do I have a problem working along side people who chose to live a homosexual lifestyle. So since the thread is about the repeal of DADT I really don't have a huge issue with it as long as it doesn't breed a new wave of PCism. However, if we are talking about whether or not being gay is morally acceptable or agrees with my personal values and principles then yes I do believe it is morally wrong and against natural human nature and physical design.

MPH

Naval Aviation + Discussion of gay men = Picture of gay guy wearing aviators. Seems pretty clear to me.

mmx, you sure it isn't your cookies causing the targeted advertising though?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Odierno and Petraeus have also weighed in; overtly in favor of the study and ambiguously indifferent otherwise.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
We can study up the ying yang..... and I'm not sure how much more the issue can be studied.
What are the costs in implementation?? Readiness?? Combat efficacy?? et.al. The costs are going to be considerable.
These are tangibles that can and will be measured, (or ignored) and anyone with any scintilla of intellectual honesty knows this to be true.
The individual Chiefs are starting to voice their personal opinions......and Casey's is decidedly different than Mullen's.
I know that DADT will invariably be overturned, (probably during my tenure in the service)......I just question the motives of this particular issue being front and center right now, while our Afghan offensive is bogged down right now..and when it warms up over there I suspect that our casualties are going to skyrocket.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
My overwhelming experience, is that most of the fleet, in the words of one of my more eloquent blue shirts, "don't care if you eat a taco or lick a hot dog when you go home...just show up and do your job."
great quote.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
General Conway has weighed in as well.....
There is dissension amongst the Chiefs.
Wunderbar - this is going to happen. All the kicking and screaming in the world won't change that and makes the screamers look worse for their effort.