• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Don't Ask Don't Tell going away

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
You've got to be freaking kidding me. That's one of the gayest things I've read in this entire thread. For an officer not to vote because somehow we are supposed to be nonpartisian is complete bullshit.

Agreed. I see absolutely no conflict between a military officer exercising his/her right (dare I say responsibility?) as a citizen to vote while at the same time respecting civilian authority over the military. Just don't engage in overt partisan political activities while on active duty.

EA-3B

None
Steve, I wasn't suggesting that I agree with the notion that the officer corps should be apolitical (in fact I do not), just observing that it's a position not at all uncommonly held, especially at the GO/FO level.

I just find it curious when some propose normalizing gay relationships in the military workplace, while at the same time being very intentional to avoid introducing political dynamics in that same workplace.

Chief, always gratifying to encounter someone who recognizes the venerable A-3, and even more so one who's "shared the experience".

Cheers,
Ed