• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DOD commits to M9 A1 (improved) Pistol for now...

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Yes, and I'm not afraid to rely on the latest model. I've shot 500 rounds without a misfire,or jam. I tossed it in the sand, and it still works. I'd just like a .45 ACP. Call me next week, I'll be in Iraq.

I actually had the block below the barrel break on me while I was at Udari. This was right after I finished NIATC and shot like 200 rounds in the range in the pouring rain.

I don't own an M9 because I hate that double action trigger. Under stressful conditions a double action pull on the first round and a single action pull on the second round is an accident waiting to happen.

I found that with the range it was just easier for me to pull the hammer back by hand before takign the shot.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I actually had the block below the barrel break on me while I was at Udari. This was right after I finished NIATC and shot like 200 rounds in the range in the pouring rain.

That's very interesting. That was a common issue on one of the first M9 versions. I did a failure analysis study of it in college. They changed the design of it by the next version, essentially validating our results. I wonder what's wrong this time.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
M9? I hate the damn things. Give me an M11 any day of the week. Shot it (M9) a couple times and just can't get over the dimensions of the grip. I feel like if I try to get a good grip for accuracy, I can barely reach the trigger.

That said, I think it's funny that the thread resurrection is lasting longer than the original thread . . . :icon_tong

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I think Slammer can verify that I have a Hollywood Arsenal. IMI Desert Eagle, Springfield XD.45 Tactical, and a Beretta M9 (not 92FS) are amongst my favorites. I like the M9 because of it's ability to shoot and not lose taget picture. You shoot at what you are looking at, and don't lose it. Bigger rounds have better takedown power in general, but I've never heard of the human skull being picky about which bullet will make it fail. If you hit it, it will fall. If I know I will take down a target with one shot, then the most shots I have the better. If I can carry 15 rounds of death in one magazine, why would I trade for eight?

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
And in regards of pulling back the hammer; I just put the weapon on KILL before chambering and keep my finger straight and off the trigger like you are supposed to. The firing pin block was not put in there by accident, just a result of one.