• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Disappointed in NEX

exNavyOffRec

We have a TV that needs to be replaced, not a large one 32" so I went to the NEX to check prices, I was surprised to find that the NEX doesn't come close to other places, for me to buy this at the NEX I would be paying at least $50 more than buying one at Target/Walmart/Sears.

Is this normal? I don't shop at the NEX often so maybe I just picked the one thing that isn't better to buy at the NEX.

Renegade One

None
Well, does the lack of sales tax help? Other than that, I admit to having no idea as to AAFES/MCEX/NEX pricing calculations. Clearly shop around...

djj34

pilot
I noticed this same thing at the MCX in Quantico vice the local Walmart. Got my TV from Walmart. I also noticed only fairly large TVs there, where Walmart provided a huge range of sizes and brands. I know a guy who got a 70" TV in his room at TBS, really? :eek:

exNavyOffRec

Here is a good thing about the NEX, tires and booze!

The tires I need for the car I can save at least $100 for a set of 4, in most cases it was close to $150 and I checked several other places.

on to booze, picked up a 1.75 liter of JW red for $32 today on sale! the .75 liter one was $25 so I really had no choice but to get the bigger one.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
NEX does price matching (and competitor's coupons too, I believe), so just take the ads from the other places to Customer Service, and they'll give you an adjustment. You could even use Amazon prices, just show them on your phone or print it out. Now you get the lowest price, AND no taxes!

the_more_you_know.jpeg

exNavyOffRec

NEX does price matching (and competitor's coupons too, I believe), so just take the ads from the other places to Customer Service, and they'll give you an adjustment. You could even use Amazon prices, just show them on your phone or print it out. Now you get the lowest price, AND no taxes!

the_more_you_know.jpeg

I will check that out, of course the interesting part will be trying to match brand and models, but worth a shot.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
My expirience is you can't get "cheaper" electronics at the NEX.

You want a top of the line Samsung, they got it. You want a $200 tv for the spare bed room, no joy.

exNavyOffRec

My expirience is you can't get "cheaper" electronics at the NEX.

You want a top of the line Samsung, they got it. You want a $200 tv for the spare bed room, no joy.

I was comparing a 32" Magnavox that I had found for 199.00 at Target, but I didn't see that one at the NEX

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this normal? I don't shop at the NEX often so maybe I just picked the one thing that isn't better to buy at the NEX.
Actually, it's similar to the commissary, some things you save on with the sales tax break, and some you don't. It takes time to learn what's a good deal & what is not. In my experience, the Commissary has more savings opportunities than the NEX.;)

The NEX is a bigger problem for our Sailors with large families. Their clothing line is high quality, but pricey, compared to big box stores of today (lower quality, cheaper imported clothing). No A-33 type good deals any more.:confused:
BzB