• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

diet at PLC

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Does this mean I should stop drinking Silk?? And hell, I like tofu. Not as much as a good fish taco from CA mind you, but still, I like tofu. You got a problem with this?
Speaking of which, I'm off to the South beach B&G with the Prowler RAG CQ Det for said tacos. :tongue2_1

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Speaking of which, I'm off to the South beach B&G with the Prowler RAG CQ Det for said tacos. :tongue2_1

Brett
B@astard!

HueyCobra8151

pilot
F-bomb said:
Well, plain and simple, I don't like meat. I think the killiing of animals is wrong and personally object to it. I don't like the thought that something had to die so I could be satisfied for a few more hours when there are plenty of other food options around.

Actually millions of animals are killed by wheat and soybean combines during harvest season each year.

Rather than humanely punching a nail through the skull for instant death, mice, rabbits, snakes, squirrels, opposums, gophers, rats, and many other species of animals are violently ripped limb from limb in what has to be an incredibly painful process as they are run over by the combines.

Oregon State University scientists question the moral basis of a vegan diet

...Davis has found evidence that suggests that the unseen losses of field animals are very high. One study documented that a single operation, mowing alfalfa, caused a 50 percent reduction in the gray-tailed vole population. Mortality rates increase with every pass of the tractor to plow, plant, and harvest. Additions of herbicides and pesticides cause additional harm to animals of the field...

...Applying the Least Harm Principle, Davis argues that people may be morally obliged to consume a diet based on plants and grazing ruminants in order to cause the least harm to animals...

And while we are putting up comics from Maddox:

combine6.gif

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
main thing i remember about 'diet at OCS' was always being hungry. sucked. pretty sure it was worse for some of the others, but still. sucked. always hungry. in fact, getting hungry just thinking about going to seniors...