• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

delta co

Malice 1

pilot
I'll beat the dead horse a little....

I think charlie co. would be the best weatherwise. I'm in Alpha, and I am a cold wuss. I don't like having to carry around a lot of extra gear during the winter exercises. It would be nice not to carry a scarf, beanie, extra sleeping bag, goretex jacket, sweatshirt, field jacket liner, gloves, hand warmers, etc... during humps and stuff.

On a long hump, you'll sweat even if it's 20* outside. It would be nice not to freeze inside your own sweaty T-shirt during the 10 minute breaks.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Malice 1 said:
I'll beat the dead horse a little....

I think charlie co. would be the best weatherwise. I'm in Alpha, and I am a cold wuss. I don't like having to carry around a lot of extra gear during the winter exercises. It would be nice not to carry a scarf, beanie, extra sleeping bag, goretex jacket, sweatshirt, field jacket liner, gloves, hand warmers, etc... during humps and stuff.

On a long hump, you'll sweat even if it's 20* outside. It would be nice not to freeze inside your own sweaty T-shirt during the 10 minute breaks.

Gotta love Alpha...don't worry it will get better...MOUT for your guys should be cool but not hot or cold...

Your humps will get much much better and you will be glad you got alpha...

Charlie this past June ended up with 5 heat casualties running their intro to the E course and they had to start it almost before daylight and ran it much thicker (more Lts on the trail at a time) than we ever did...

winger

FNG
Sometimes I sit back and think about this: there will be Lieutenants getting pissed on in the woods in Quantico every night for the rest of my life.

Xeo111

Not to veer to much back onto the topic, but I'm a PLC-ground contract, graduated December, commissioning April, and I'm already set to go for Delta. Apparently it's rare to get this kind of confirmation of TBS class so fast. Any thoughts?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Xeo111 said:
Not to veer to much back onto the topic, but I'm a PLC-ground contract, graduated December, commissioning April, and I'm already set to go for Delta. Apparently it's rare to get this kind of confirmation of TBS class so fast. Any thoughts?

Unless you already have your orders nothing is guarenteed..I was in a similar boat (only sub in May, FOX instead) and just never got orders for FOX so after FOX picked up my OSO changed to saying ALPHA...

It is common for them to tell you upon graduation what company you will get, its just not common for them to be right...

Raptor2216

Xeo111 said:

I graduated in september and was told that I would be in charlie co. I was also told that I would do IFS after TBS. However, things changed and i'm doing IFS right now before picking up with charlie co. in april.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Grass is greener

After being through TBS, I can say with certainty that the weather in Pensacola is generally nicer than Quantico. The best time to do TBS is last year, which means that you're in Florida now.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
ArkhamAsylum said:
After being through TBS, I can say with certainty that the weather in Pensacola is generally nicer than Quantico. The best time to do TBS is last year, which means that you're in Florida now.

I am not a huge fan of winter in Quantico but before you jump on the bashing it in favor of Pensacola just wait till summer. Great weather for going to the beach, not so good for flying...

VAmookie

beach said:
Sometimes I sit back and think about this: there will be Lieutenants getting pissed on in the woods in Quantico every night for the rest of my life.

Please Elaborate! I mean about the getting pissed on part in case you didnt know. Not sure I agree with this unless youre talking about humidity

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Alpha has been fine for us as far as Im concerned. We have managed to dodge the bad weather and the rain has been minimal. We have shivered a little, but never thought I was gonna freeze to death or lose any extremities. Its starting to warm up a bit, and with a little over 2 months less, the end is not as distant as it seems to be. However, I dont think I ever want to come back to Camp Barrett ... ever. But thats me... s/f