• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

delta co

tegtag

My buddy at the Naval Academy said they were told to put down Delta or Echo and would get their choice.

Myself on the other hand have two strikes against me. I'm Air AND did PLC. I requested Delta but doubt I'll get it.

So probably more Academy guys than usual since it is right after they graduate.

KBayDog

Delta is primarily NROTC/MECEP.

Echo is primarily Academy/MECEP.

There are exceptions (a few PLC here and there, some Academy in Delta, some NROTC in Echo, etc., etc., etc.), but that's pretty much the breakdown.

KBayDog

P_ubhi18 said:
If you are smart, you'd try to go for C. co.

Why's that?

I enjoyed Echo; most of the outdoor events were in the fall/early winter, which meant that it got dark quicker. Early sunset meant that we got our night events finished quicker, which translated to either going home earlier, or hitting the rack (or fighting holes) earlier during FEXs. The weather was pretty nice, too (not too hot, not too cold).

Raptor2216

KBayDog said:
Why's that?

I enjoyed Echo; most of the outdoor events were in the fall/early winter, which meant that it got dark quicker. Early sunset meant that we got our night events finished quicker, which translated to either going home earlier, or hitting the rack (or fighting holes) earlier during FEXs. The weather was pretty nice, too (not too hot, not too cold).

Well, I guess its more of a preference but IMHO, C co has the best weather. We hit the range during the best time of the year and we end during a relatively good time of the year. I just like the warm weather so I couldn't be happier.

KBayDog

HA! You can have your "good weather." I'll take a pass on humping/FEXing in the Quantico summer.

Raptor2216

Crowbar said:
He will soon see the error in his ways.

I don't think so! You all can have all the cold you want. Its ****ing freezing out there right now and Bravo will be out all week. I can deal with the heat but screw the cold. That doesn't mean everyone has to be the same, it just means I like the heat.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Fox had a pretty good balance of Fall and Winter... We qualled at the range when it was still warm, and only really had to deal with extreme cold during a couple field ops. After going through OCC in the Summer, I can honestly say that I would not want to go through TBS then. I think Delta had 30+ heat casualties during final land nav, and I just can't imagine the e-course in 110 deg weather. Cold sucks, but you're always busy doing something, i.e. digging, and don't have much of a chance to feel sorry for yourself. Personally, I think Echo had the best weather I've seen since arriving. Every class has its pluses and minuses- you're going to go through the same bull**** either way, and I think you'll find that each has it own type of suck factor.

Raptor2216

Crowbar said:
Dude. Once you've actually done it then talk. We (last year's Bravo) had a lot of people, including me, who hated cold weather and wished for warm weather. Until we got it. Now we're all believers.

There is no 'good' weather at TBS. The Quantico highlands produces weather that is marginal at best. You hope for a nice day and deal with what gets thrown in your face. I remember every 'nice' or 'pretty' or 'comfortable' day we had was spent in a classroom. It's either too hot, too cold, too wet, or some combination thereof once you step into the treeline.

I don't need to do anything to know what I prefer. Given things are never perfect in quantico, i've seen quantico in the summer and the winter and i'm smart enough to know which I PREFER.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Crowbar said:
There is no 'good' weather at TBS. The Quantico highlands produces weather that is marginal at best. You hope for a nice day and deal with what gets thrown in your face. I remember every 'nice' or 'pretty' or 'comfortable' day we had was spent in a classroom. It's either too hot, too cold, too wet, or some combination thereof once you step into the treeline.

Too true... well said.

KBayDog

P_ubhi18 said:
I don't need to do anything to know what I prefer. Given things are never perfect in quantico, i've seen quantico in the summer and the winter and i'm smart enough to know which I PREFER.

I do not believe that the Gentleman from Bravo is telling you what you can/cannot prefer. What he is telling you is that it would be best if you did not speak as an authority on TBS if you have yet to begin the POI.

Many people read this forum to gather relevant information and gouge from those who have "been there/done that" throughout the different stages of Naval Aviation. They rely on experience and current, quality information to make career decisions (even some as seemingly benign as picking a TBS class), learn more about training courses, etc. Sometimes this information is absolutely factual, and sometimes it is derived from the debates and opinions of experienced AW members.

Nobody is saying that you aren't entitled to your opinions, but there is a difference between having an opinion (and qualifying it as such in your posts) and making (for lack of a better term) "official-sounding" statements/passing gouge on something of which you have no first-hand experience.

I yield the rest of my time to the SNFO from Bravo Compay.

shimbo

I applied for C co.(had my OSO submit my package) back in Nov. What are my chances of getting into the April class? I'm PLC ground btw. I will be graduating/commissioned within a month. Is the June class more likely for me?