• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dear Boss, I quit! A letter to Air Force leadership....

gotta_fly

pilot
Christ, I hope that's the case. Otherwise what the fuck am I doing in Oklahoma? Pourts comment is pretty much what we always get... You boys in the air force? Is this some kinda AWACS? We like it that way.

Yeah, but it's usually coming from gen av guys and podunk tower controllers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
.......As an example, the Navy relieved over 5% of its ship captains in 2011.......

Your percentage is a bit off. There were only 9 ship COs relieved in 2011 out of 285 or so ships, the rest were COs of commands other than ships. When you consider that there is a significant amount of regular turnover in commanding ships during the year anyways the percentage drops even further. Finally when you count up all of the commands in Navy I saw it noted there was a little over 1000 total.

Not arguing with your basic premise, still just as valid.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
ADM Roughhead has stated that there are just over 1200 "commands" in the Navy. He didn't go into details if there were positions that may not rate a at-sea or ashore command pin that are considered "commands"

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ADM Roughhead has stated that there are just over 1200 "commands" in the Navy. He didn't go into details if there were positions that may not rate a at-sea or ashore command pin that are considered "commands"

Random threadjack, but does the Navy have any O-4 or lower commands?

BackOrdered

Contributor
Random threadjack, but does the Navy have any O-4 or lower commands?

Afloat? I'm about 100% certain I saw an O-3 CO, command pin and all, not very long ago. She had a media write up about it, I'm going to try and dig it up.....

O-4s? Absolutely.