• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dealing with suspected Depression at USNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC_casper

Yeah, he should definitely seek help. The MDC is a great resource, so are the chaplains. I found that when life sucked at USNA it was best to go for a run and chat with my friends.

Pills will wreak havoc on his routine at USNA. I was on wellbutrin as part of a tobacco cessation class youngster year. Didn't sleep for 2 days at one point. I realized how much they were messing with my system and cut them out.

Chances are that even if it is something disqualifying (read medical condition not just depression) they will still graduate him with a degree just not a commission.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My boyfriend is a midshipman at the United States Naval Academy and has been experiencing depression. Is it possible for him to seek treatment for this (namely medication), without it having a negative effect on his career?

GOOD-O .... O.K. ... asked once and answered 30+ variable times (and even once by the DOC who said go see a DOC!! :)) ... we're all done here.

Closed & locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.